Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604163 times)

We've too many maps, personally. I feel like the new one should replace the old, but I do not want to give up the older hangar. I'd also like to add, be careful about how big it is. Classes are slower than they used to be, so medium-sized maps became a pain to traverse, large maps is basically a headache. Don't want too many maps looking the same, but we also want to work on quality rather than quantity.
The original plan was to make a more extensive network of hall paths, going from the bottom of the hangar to the top. But brick limit was an issue. Do to mod terrain and the brick limit having been upped to a million bricks I can now go about making what was originally planned. Not one hangar but two, and a large room with the ships core. The boss is trying to capture said core from a station right in front of it. The design will make it sort of a hunt through the halls for the boss where the boss is able to ambush them at anytime. Thus players having to work together and force him into the open of one of the three main areas.  

You will already have deduced the fact that the size of the halls is the main problem with this, the original hangar had this problem also with Mocheeze so to fix it I am increasing the hallway size to where a boss could be surrounded but not being in physical contact. With some distance in between for projectiles and what not. The hallways were always meant to be quite airy in size. Fortification of the halls is something the players will have to do. But with there being multiple hallways to the same location making it improbable to fortify each one the question shall arise of "where should we look." The whole map is an opportunity for the boss to take off players one by one or in great swaths. This balances out for the maps small size being completely interior.
The map will technically be a large map but it will come off as three small maps connected. Rounds in the new hangar will last longer do to the set up of players forcing the boss into certain areas and the boss moving players into certain areas by retaliation. That is my response on size.

My response to the quality is once again I am redoing the hangar do to its original poor quality which implies it will not look similar with the exceptions of a few basic elements to the map.

Lastly on the subject of replacement of the original: the hangar replaced the bedroom to become the new "map" but the bedroom was reintroduced. The hangar original will most likely stay for awhile along with the new hangar. After a time we will bring up a vote of keeping both or just the new one. That shall give players an option of still using the original if they prefer it.

The map will technically be a large map but it will come off as three small maps connected. Rounds in the new hangar will last longer do to the set up of players forcing the boss into certain areas and the boss moving players into certain areas by retaliation. That is my response on size.

My response to the quality is once again I am redoing the hangar do to its original poor quality which implies it will not look similar with the exceptions of a few basic elements to the map.

Lastly on the subject of replacement of the original: the hangar replaced the bedroom to become the new "map" but the bedroom was reintroduced. The hangar original will most likely stay for awhile along with the new hangar. After a time we will bring up a vote of keeping both or just the new one. That shall give players an option of still using the original if they prefer it.

Map ideas are interesting, wonder how it'll be. Although I worry about setting a poll up here; Not every player comes here to vote, which is why I usually try to get a majority of players to give me their opinions so I can present them here. If we're to keep both instead of outright replacing it, we should not vote to remove the older one. If a map is playable and liked within reason, we would be unwise as to upset some of our playerbase by removing an old classic people enjoy being thrown back to. Also, I don't believe this hangar is pool quality. While it does get a bit boring since it's played on so much and maybe a bit bland from the colors, it's still up there as a good map in my book. Grew up with it too, so it's still a fair bit special to me.

Now, I have mixed opinions with the Boss store if it ever gets implemented.
I also believe that the normals' shop needs to no longer exist as it is now. If it were changed, preventing players from buying minibosses to begin with and instead incorporating it into normal classes somehow, that it would be better. For example, as a rocketman you have a chance to become Master Chief, overweight could become Juggernaut, etc. At that point we would have to make something up for the rest of the classes, but it probably wouldn't be too hard in the long run. But back to the point, I do believe we should throw the shop out in exchange for something else. Too often can someone use a miniboss and be boss the next round, every couple of rounds on a low playercount time, which lessens the fun and drives players away.

Tl;dr, Minibosses and the idea of boss upgrades are used to make the other teams' experience an unhappy one. I advise to remove minibosses and rework them into the game with other methods. We could still keep the boss upgrades, for instance if too many minibosses are in a round, the current boss will get the upgrade. So while gameplay changes a bit, it still attempts to make it fair on both teams without players trying to ruin an experience for others.

I like the idea that is stated in the second paragraph, where the more minibosses there are in the round, the more buffs/upgrades the bosses get. HOWEVER, I do not like the idea of damage boosts, or health boosts. I feel like upgrades for bosses should be somewhat specific. Example: If (blank) amount of minibosses are chosen, Dark Samus gets a buff to her recharge, making her recharge faster. Something along the lines of that. Passive abilities that aren't super powerful for the boss, but something that could help it in several situations. I can dump ideas for passive abilities for the bosses, if needed.

Another thing, if that idea is implemented, is a miniboss "point" counter. Now, what do I mean by this. Well, there are a few dominant minibosses. Master Chief, Jug, and Decker are the ones I mostly see used. Now, if the upgrades for the boss is determined by the amount of minibosses used, then this could be a problem. The Vagineer and Christian Brutal Sniper, while still useful, do not have the damage potential that the other classes do (in my opinion anyway). For the boss to get an upgrade because two support minibosses were chosen could be problematic. So, each miniboss could be given a point value. Example: Dark Samus gets a slow passive recharge for her energy meter if the Miniboss counter reaches (blank). Because Jug is worth (blank), and Doctor Oktoberfest is worth (blank), this limit was exceeded, giving Dark Samus this upgrade. Of course, if the counter is lower, they wouldn't get said upgrade. I have absolutely no idea if such an idea is possible or not, however, but I feel as though such a system would help balancing the boss upgrade idea a bit.

Who remembers Marioguy0's Boss Shop

Sounds like a neat idea but I'd prefer to have said bonuses apply at all times, scaling to the amount of minibosses. I haven't given it much thought or built upon it, but the ideas and concepts have been floating around in my head for a good bit now. Also I'll add that a passive regen for energy/faster recharge probably isn't the best since it's one of the only times to hit dark samus. Of course, these ideas can be refined but getting my input out is nice :P

Yeah, I know. Just an idea that I made right off the bat just to have as an example. I still think that something like that would help balance it, though. Having a Jug and MC compared to a Vaginner and DO is quite a difference, and in my opinion, the boss shouldn't be given the same buffs for those groups. But, whatever works out in the end is (probably) fine by me.

Make a miniboss with a duck cannon, NOWW!

Rude, you could at least say please

duck cannon isn't even good

A boss shop? YES that would be amazing

I usually wouldn't, but interrupting the current topic at hand because being thrilled for my birthday

Edits aside, thank you all for making my birthday all the better. An already happy day thrilled me when I woke from a hard nap to see this.

You cut off my moldy letter

-hippieborthdey-
Happy birthday, Top.
I would've been there but I was busy.