Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 728876 times)

The Virtual Console releases of Gold & Silver are on their way at $9.99 each, and a couple of 3DS themes are waiting for you depending on where you purchase the game:

The first 2 are available if you purchase directly on the eShop, and correspond to the game you pick. The 3rd, which scrolls to show more gym leaders on top as well as Elm, Kurt, and other characters on the bottom is a bonus for purchases made at Gamestop, Best Buy, or on Amazon. However, people are reporting that Amazon purchases are not getting the Celebi code for S/M, so be careful if you really want one!

Damn that gold/silver art style takes me back ;~;

remakes of remakes?

yes but will we get ultra fire red and ultra leaf green?
these were also remakes of remakes

dude i just found an old gameboy color with pokemon yellow

A new trailer has been released for UltraSun & UltraMoon

It shows Island Trials making their return, with Fairy Captain Mina having a trial of her own this time, as well as an expanded Pokédex of 400 that can be found in the wild and the ability to ride Mantine between islands

One last reminder that today is the release day for Gold & Silver on the Virtual Console, with North America being the last to receive it approximately 3 hours from now

The 3rd 3DS theme from my previous post has also been added to the My Nintendo rewards for Europe and Japan for 100 platinum coins

That surfing minigame looks pretty sick

The PIKACHU20 code has been changed to the next gift in the series: For the next week, the Pikachu received will be wearing Ash's hat from the Hoenn series:

Remember, you can only use this code once, so if you already claimed a Kanto/Johto hat Pikachu, you can't get anything else!

So I never beat Pokemon Moon, and I just turned it on ready to resume the game. I was right about to beat the final trial and battle the boss lady when I left off :x  it was damn fun beating those, now I gotta actually finish the game. Also planning to go back to Platinum and train an old ass team for nostalgia's sake.

been playing pokemon games since 2002 but gen 4 is the most nostalgic to me for some reason

been playing pokemon games since 2002 but gen 4 is the most nostalgic to me for some reason
I always felt like Sinnoh was like, when people were really gettin' into Pokemon, so I think that's why I feel the same

Same here, Pearl was my first Pokemon game. Platinum and SoulSilver were also incredibly fun since both games were just packed to the max with content. I'm always gonna love the gen 4 games.

it's because the games have a stuffton of content in it. it's my favorite

soul silver was my 2nd pokemon game and god damn was it a good one

I always felt like Sinnoh was like, when people were really gettin' into Pokemon, so I think that's why I feel the same

it was for me at least lol, diamond was the first game in the series where i seriously paid attention to stats/iv/ev, natures, growth rates, etc. as opposed to picking which looked the coolest or just had a reputation for being strong

it's because the games have a stuffton of content in it. it's my favorite
Same here, Pearl was my first Pokemon game. Platinum and SoulSilver were also incredibly fun since both games were just packed to the max with content. I'm always gonna love the gen 4 games.

yeah, i never did fully explore all of sinnoh after beating the main story since there was so much to do and i'm just now getting into hg/ss. i also loved the layout of the sinnoh region & can't wait to start platinum

A new (JP) trailer has been released for US/UM, showcasing several of the story elements that differ from the original Sun & Moon