Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729400 times)

a remake of the gold and silver games for the 3d era would really be a golden experience

remakes of remakes? I can't see them doing gen 2 again before 4 or 5, I'd even expect another gen 1 remake first
what would they even call them? soulshinysilver and heartglitterygold?

what would they even call them? soulshinysilver and heartglitterygold?

probably Heartgold and SoulSilver 3D

So I just spend 5 loving hours trying a goddamn Yanma in soul silver.

any suggestions for my party in soul silver atm? im still early in the game, just beat the first gym

quilava pidgey
kakuna rattata
gastly egg

in order of level

any suggestions for my party in soul silver atm? im still early in the game, just beat the first gym

quilava pidgey
kakuna rattata
gastly egg

in order of level
I recommend replacing pidgey with zubat because it's final form is really fast

I recommend replacing pidgey with zubat because it's final form is really fast
yeah but i already taught my pidgey roost so i kinda want to keep him, id be fine with replacing my rattata though

yeah but i already taught my pidgey roost so i kinda want to keep him, id be fine with replacing my rattata though
if you're replacing rattata then replace it with Heracross
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:27:40 PM by cooolguy32 »

I've been playing Pokemon Heartgold and SoulSilver at the sametime, it's pretty fun.
My party in Soul Silver right now:
Croconaw Lv.24
Alakazam Lv.26
Furret Lv.18
Flaaffy Lv.21
Heracross Lv.21
Slowpoke Lv. 23
4 badges so far.

My party in HeartGold now:
Quilava Lv.17
Zubat Lv.11
Wooper L.11
Riolu Lv.20 (it's from a egg that I traded from Platinum)
Flaaffy Lv.15
Sentret Lv.10
3 Badges so far
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 09:31:02 PM by cooolguy32 »

Today's Nintendo Direct spoke a bit about UltraSun and UltraMoon: The alternate versions of Solgaleo and Lunala have not just fused with but have in fact been possessed by Necrozma, the shadowy creature from the end of Sun and Moon, transforming it into either Dusk-Mane Necrozma or Dawn-Wing Necrozma, respectively. Lycanroc has a new Z-Move, linked to Stone Edge, which is available for all forms and not just the new one. Two additional Ultra Beasts were revealed alongside their codenames: UB-?? Burst, exclusive to UltraSun, and UB-?? Assembly, exclusive to UltraMoon. Scattered changes since the last installment include clothing, locations, and the way you choose your starter.

Silver and Gold are coming to the 3DS virtual console on the 22nd, and if you purchase it within a year you will receive a Celebi for any of the generation 7 games. Additionally, purchasing before January 15th will give you a special 3DS theme.

Official poster for US/UM

planning on playing through each region, just need to buy the systems and games... here's my team plans that i wasted time at work making lol, hm slaves not included. feel free to suggest any changes but keep in mind im going for fun and matches against friends, none of us are into serious competition and i always win anyways so

also gen 5 is the worst
never played gen 6 or 7 games yet

LEAF GREEN (GEN III)
Charizard
Raichu
Victreebel
Pinsir
Lapras
Snorlax

HEART GOLD (GEN IV)
Sceptile
Ampharos
Crobat
Arcanine
Red Gyarados
Dragonite
Metagross (Replace Crobat later in game)   

OMEGA RUBY (GEN VI)
Swampert
Breloom
Aggron
Archeops
Magnezone
Salamence

PLATINUM / PEARL (GEN IV)
Torterra
Luxray
Chatot?
Gengar
Garchomp
Hippowdon
Walrein? (Replace Chatot later in game)
Gliscor? (Replace Chatot later in game)

WHITE 2 (GEN V)
Emboar
Unfezant?
Krookodile
Zoroark
Elektross
Haxorous
Braviery (Replace Unfezant later in game)

Y (GEN VI)
Chesnaught
Talonflame
Pangoro
Malamar
Tyrantrum
Noivern
Tyranitar? (Replace Tyrantrum later in game)

MOON (GEN VII)
Incineroar
Toucannon
Vikavolt
Bewear
Golisopod
Sandslash (Ice)
Kommo-o (Replace Toucannon later in game)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:36:53 PM by Zloff »

Official poster for US/UM
holy stuff. I loved S/M's story, it felt so nice to finally have an actual plot and narrative to follow and be invested in, especially for a simple turn based RPG, having the same, "beat all the gyms and go to the elite four and beat champion" ordeal was so loving lame, especially with the stupid teams. This game was so good, it's not my favorite pokemon game, but it was for sure objectively fantastic. This picture gives me so much hype for this game, holy stufftt? Like aHGHGHGGHH. Why didn't they show this poster during the direct? The composition in this is so epic I wanna explode.

The special Capped Pikachu, holding its signature Pikashunium Z, is now starting its distribution via Mystery Gift. This event has a special rule: For the next week (9/19 - 9/25), the code PIKACHU20 will give you a Pikachu wearing the hat Ash had in the Kanto and Johto arcs of the anime. After that, the Pikachu received from the event will change to another hat in the series. However, you can only use this code once per game, so you must choose one of the 6 and redeem the code at the appropriate time.

The Pikachu has a set nature, cannot be bred, and cannot evolve.

its the same game

as much as B2/W2 are the same game as B/W