Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 724816 times)

I dont even have a 3DS.

I havent even gotten pokemon black/white 2.

Anyone else going to buy these games SO HARD?
And I disagree with Dooble about remakes. 3D R/S would be super great.
I'm up for 3D or diorama style, with sprites appearing to pop-up off of the ground.

I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a gen 3 remake, but at least we might have a usable frog looking thing, I tried using seismitoad in white but its stats were way too low and it always fainted.  Also I really hope the water stater is part ice for 2 STABS.

There's toxicroak.

There's toxicroak.
I think he wants a frog Politoed-style, as in water type.

I dont even have a 3DS.

I havent even gotten pokemon black/white 2.
Noob

ew, gen vi looks horrible imo.

i'll probably end up buying it anyways  :cookieMonster:

x and y versions? they really couldn't have used a better name?

X Y and Z Because it's the first "3D" Pokemon game?

the version mascots are now being referred to non-canonically as "Xcalibur" and "Yvern"

poor fenniken didn't even stand a chance

less than 24 hours after its reveal and it's already been beaten to death by the internet's richard

the female trainer in case you missed her, not a lot of good shots in the trailer

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:06:00 AM by Regulith »

x and y versions? they really couldn't have used a better name?
X Y and Z Because it's the first "3D" Pokemon game?
Based on the name and the BoxArt Titles, it sounds like the name is related to genetics.
X and Y are the two love Chromosomes (those that specifically determine what gender you are, depending on which of the two chromosomes you have, either XX (female) or XY (male) ).

There will probably be some theme related heavily to genetics. The titles always relate to the theme in some way.
(Red/Blue/Green/Yellow, colours of starters... Gold/Silver/Crystal, colours of Ho-Oh, Lugia and Suicune... Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, colours of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza (Also colours of ground, water and "Ozone")... Diamond/Pearl, colours of Dialga and Palkia (and then Time/Space)... Black/White, colours of Zekrom and Reshiram, but mainly the colours of Yin-Yang, since the game is all about balance in nature...)

Eitherway, instead of looking at us and asking, maybe the professor can determine our gender by DNA test now.

Anyone else going to buy these games SO HARD?
And I disagree with Dooble about remakes. 3D R/S would be super great.
X and Y will probably win me over to the 3D design. At the moment, I'm currently sceptical on whether I'll enjoy the design loads (It's mainly the current images of OverWorld travel that make me a bit iffy) or not.
I would really like R/S to be redone well and given justice, since it was my absolute favourite Pokemon game so far.
I'd probably play it safe in re-making it, but then that's probably very boring. We'll see.
I'll most definitely find myself purchasing any re-make of Ruby/Sapphire regardless of how it's designed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:56:01 AM by sir dooble »

I don't want remakes of the old games, I just play the old games, I have a gba with silver sitting next to me all the time.

when x & y come out (prob a bug fix/ extra storylines with both the legens it is Z if so.) mah starter will be fennekin. Froakie? Nope.

Just thought I'd post and make note that the names of the two legendary Pokemon have been released.

The large Deer-esque "X" legendary is Xerneas, and the flying Dragon-like "Y" legendary is Yveltal.

Xerneas is apparantely pronounced as "Zurr-Nee-Us", and Yvelta is pronounced as "Ee-Vell-Tawl".

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-gb