Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729474 times)

every time i check the gts i can feel my brain cells dying and flowing out of my tear glands

forget

I found out that I really like steel types but if I make a competitive team based off of steel types, I'd probably loose really easily ;~;
if someone sends out a fire type you're as good as toast

SON.
20% chance to heal your allies, 80% chance to hurt them with 10% there doing massive damage.

forget

I found out that I really like steel types but if I make a competitive team based off of steel types, I'd probably loose really easily ;~;
you're not supposed to make your entire comp team have one type in common, you gotta balance it out

so how many people here have named their flying type pokemon flatflyer yet

or has it just been me that's done that.

not pokemon, but does it count?

It's a little difficult for me to relay information right now but a couple things have surfaced in the last few days and nobody has mentioned them yet so I wanted to bring them up.

First is a new trailer, which I don't believe has an English equivalent yet (http://youtube.com/watch?v=_6blt8m8-3Y) which showcases many aspects of the new games including diving and the Primal Reversion of Kyogre and Groudon when you encounter them. It should also be noted that Mega Stone symbols are now very visible on the team leaders.

Get*TV had a segment on OR/AS and showed the Primal legendaries using moves that were confirmed to be new, not just animation changes.

Finally, events for Diancie and a shiny Gengar were announced for US GameStop stores, both via serial codes. Diancie will be available from the end of October to mid November and trading it to OR/AS will give you the Mega Stone, while the Gengar will be available from the middle to the end of October and will be holding Gengarite.

Be sure to check your favorite news sites for more details.

This month's CoroCoro brings images of three new Mega Evolutions;

Mega Gallade

Mega Sharcreep

Mega Camerupt

There's also a bit of information on those Mega Evolutions, as well as Primal Groudon/Kyogre
The Bulbapedia article, including the pictures of Primal Groudon/Kyogre are below.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_reveals_Mega_Gallade,_Sharcreep,_Camerupt
Images of this month's issue of CoroCoro Comic have surfaced, revealing three new Mega Evolutions and more information about Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

The three new Mega Evolutions are Mega Sharcreep, Mega Camerupt, and Mega Gallade. Mega Camerupt is Fire/Ground, has Sheer Force, is 2.5 m (8'02") tall, weighs 320.5 kg (706.6 lbs.), and is used by Maxie. Mega Sharcreep is Water/Dark, has Strong Jaw, is 2.5 m (8'02") tall, weighs 130.3 kg (287.3 lbs.), and is used by Archie. Mega Gallade is used by Wally. This is the first time Wally's design in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire has been seen.

Primal Groudon has the new Ability 「おわりのだいち」 Land of Endings, which causes intense sunlight. Primal Kyogre has the new Ability 「はじまりのうみ」 Sea of Beginnings, which causes rain. The duration this weather lasts is not specified. Primal Groudon also has the new move 「だんがいのつるぎ」 Cliff Sword, although current images only show the name.

Additionally, Shonen Sunday has revealed that every copy of next month's CoroCoro Comic will contain a unique single-use download code for a demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Players choose from Grovyle, Combusken and Marshtomp at the start of the demo. This demo will allow players to use new Mega-Evolved Pokémon. The Mossdeep Space Center appears in screenshots.

you're not supposed to make your entire comp team have one type in common, you gotta balance it out
well obv

right now I have a Greninja (Protean obv), an Aggron (Mega Evolve), and Flygon, that leaves 3 more, Possibly a Infernape, and Haxourus

any suggestions?

oh cool, even though everyone already knew about the last two

since they're nearly the only pokemon that team magma and team aqua use

I must admit, I like Mega Camerupt's design, except from the face. It just looks so cheesy to me. That smile.

mega sharcreep has too many markings for me

sharcreep looks hella overdesigned and still short as stuff
its got a long snout and then nothing going on in the back
seriously japan you forgeters loved submarines 60 years ago and now you dont even remember what the stuff a torcreep looks like

Wally no longer has a male Gardevoir?
Finally.