CityRPG

Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 80229 times)

Meet the newest unit in the cop arsenal:

The Taser-Rifle!

more:

Ignore the graphical glitch on the thing sitting atop the barrel. It was fixed minutes after this image was created.

It's a nice gun, just doesn't fit in Blockland.

It's a nice gun, just doesn't fit in Blockland.
That's really poor critique.

It looks plenty like a plastic weapon.

The yellow would be nicer if it was broken up with black stripes and made brighter.

And, he's right. Don't smooth shade the barrel, make it a polygon.

The yellow would be nicer if it was broken up with black stripes and made brighter.

And, he's right. Don't smooth shade the barrel, make it a polygon.
It's not smooth shaded.

The image is too low res and the point light is too high energy for you to make out individual faces.

The barrel is cut into 8 slices. All flatshaded.

That's really poor critique.

It looks plenty like a plastic weapon.

I dont think he means that it doesnt look plastic, i think he means that it doesnt fit blockland because, well, how would a blocklander look while holding it? If the gun was for a game that uses semi-realistic human models then it would fit really well.

Lets look at the shotgun featured on the front page:

Much like a blockhead himself, it has round stubby proportions, and an overall toon-like style.
Your shotgun looks as though it is modeled and proportionally scaled to a real-world weapon.
This is why it doesn't fit, because blockheads are not proportional to real-world people. If anything they would be more proportional to a toddler.
My suggestion would be to shorten all of the main components and exaggerate the details.

My suggestion would be to shorten all of the main components and exaggerate the details.
Easily done. Thanks.

How's this?

Anything else you'd like to see?

the z-ish curve in the stock just looks ugly, make it more like the stock of the other shotgun

why don't you guys just recolor the other shotgun though for consistancy sake? or use that base model and lengthen the barrel or something. I don't really see the point of having two different similarly looking shotguns.

Still too real gun looking, It needs to be more blocko, more fat, and it should be ok.

Reminds me of a trench shotgun or something.

Also you dont have to bevel everything otherwise it looks derp

Support_HeightControl.cs has been incorporated into Client_CityRPG and GameMode_CityRPG in such a way that:

a) If Lordician updates his scripts and they're installed, the CityRPG version does not execute.
b) Phydeoux's Civilian Helicopters will be usable.

Anyone want my van model?

(has no interior)

gonna make one and see how it goes
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:02:42 PM by soba »

Siba why not finish the van all yourself? Then you can release and take all the credit.

Also, Iban, how would you feel about bicycle player vehicles?
The green bike rides faster than the orange, but the orange jumps higher.