Poll

Should the terrain bricks be able to use all 2x2 flat prints, or be restricted to ModTer prints?

Use all 2x2 flat print packs (more versatile)
27 (69.2%)
Be restricted to ModTer print packs (limits overwhelming the print GUI)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: GSF Modular Terrain (4x Pack on RTB, please redownload)  (Read 141334 times)

Okay, I think I'll stick with System; it seems like the most accurate classification.

I need help in testing the terrain generator on an internet server - to make sure clients can't get past the GUI restrictions. If anyone wants to help test let me know!
heres a tip: gui restrictions should be so the client knows they should be entering a number when they're entering a string, or so they know that they can't use a feature because its admin only. that is the only purpose the client checks should serve. all the real security is done server sided, since i could just tear down your client sided restrictions since i have the source code too.

Did you remade the decor pack?

Speaking of which, the loops are impossible (got all add-ons and clicked red brick.)
Not with the Gravity Jeep, lol. I'm thinking of remaking it though (and making the track actually possible).

heres a tip: gui restrictions should be so the client knows they should be entering a number when they're entering a string, or so they know that they can't use a feature because its admin only. that is the only purpose the client checks should serve. all the real security is done server sided, since i could just tear down your client sided restrictions since i have the source code too.
Thanks, but that's pretty much how it's set up.

I cant wait for the release!

This is gonna be awesome.
I hope so :)

Did you remade the decor pack?
Not yet, but I am planning to in the near future. In the mean time, the OP has other add-ons recommended to be used for detail bricks.

GSF, Did I ever mention how much your avatar is relevant to the content you make?

I just downloaded the second beta, glad to see that line bug was fixed. But the water is bugging me some seeds are all water some are just a couple of peices of terrain at the corners or all islands. Also how did you get the terrain like this: http://pixpipeline.com/d/76fee495bdd9.jpg

GSF, Did I ever mention how much your avatar is relevant to the content you make?
Hah

You should add a birch tree to the new decor pack!  I mean really theirs oak and pine and yet no birch...?

You should add a birch tree to the new decor pack!  I mean really theirs oak and pine and yet no birch...?
Do you play minecraft by any chance?

:)

I just downloaded the second beta, glad to see that line bug was fixed. But the water is bugging me some seeds are all water some are just a couple of peices of terrain at the corners or all islands. Also how did you get the terrain like this: http://pixpipeline.com/d/76fee495bdd9.jpg
I just replied to your PM. But, basically the terrain looks a lot more realistic when you increase the hill height using Terrain Z-Multiplier and when you stretch out the terrain using Terrain XY-Scale.

You should add a birch tree to the new decor pack!  I mean really theirs oak and pine and yet no birch...?
Thanks for the suggestion, but I won't be starting on the Decor pack just yet.

Here are the help manuals that are included with the add-on; just encase you want to familiarize yourself with the GUI beforehand. Also, if it takes awhile to get the file reviewed on RTB, I will release it on my topic early next week instead (I just found out that they don't allow building scripts, so it may not get approved anyway).

-removed-
-removed-
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:57:53 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Do you play minecraft by any chance?
I knew what a birch tree was before i even heard of Minecraft because i grew up in a forest with tons of those in the small stream area

Thanks Ghost. Now I just generated this pretty thing:

Beta tester?

No problem; that looks great.

No problem; that looks great.

I thought i was a beta tester ;c