5 (2%)
Agnostic  
32 (12.6%)
Jewish
3 (1.2%)
Other
26 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Religious Views?  (Read 19785 times)

Atheism is the belief that there is no God or superhuman, and thus the rejection of theism/theistic religions
ftfy

Atheist. I won't shove my belief in your face if you don't shove yours in mine.

I'd like to think that I am perpetually undecided. I find it hard to believe in something so preposterous, but then again I can't exactly prove any wrong, nor right.

Why don't people just have fun in this life instead of thinking 24/7 about their afterlife?

Why don't people just have fun in this life instead of thinking 24/7 about their afterlife?

You mean in potential Hell?

I don't mean be a richard and have no morals, i just mean like muslim people praying for like 8 hours or jewish people not eating good tasting food.

I agree so much. The only life we are certain of is the one we have now.

Religion is a waste of time to me. There is absolutely no evidence of an afterlife, or a mystical force called the soul.

The only alternative to "this is it" is a bunch of religious theories that people believe based on what culture they happen to be born into (or if they are really into it, they can go to the candyshop of faiths and pick and choose what they think is more important over a personal whim).

I think I'll join the other people in the world who are moving out of the dark ages and the fairytale superhuman nonsense.

God is to adults what Santa is to kids. An all seeing super-being that promises a reward in return for good behavior (basically just crowd control really isn't). To be fair though, Santa has more substance and payout.

I am agnostic and completely fine with non religious people but i find it so loving wrong when they try to un-convert religious people, like why should you care that they are christian you don't have to try and make them leave that?
This has become more of an issue to me because the people i am living with now all have terrible life stories, one of them who i am teaching english watched his father get shot on top of him with a shotgun and got sprayed by chunks of his insides, he grew up hating everyone and wanting nothing more than to kill the people that murdered his father until he became a christian. Now he is happy and living life like a good person, why would people want to take the last thing these people have away from them?

To be fair though, Santa has more substance.
Are you calling Santa fat?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:21:48 AM by Clone v.117 »

I don't mean be a richard and have no morals, i just mean like muslim people praying for like 8 hours or jewish people not eating good tasting food.

But those are the rules.  According to their religions, not praying for eight hours/ eating non-kosher food is sin.  The stuff that gets you sent to hell.

I am agnostic and completely fine with non religious people but i find it so loving wrong when they try to un-convert religious people, like why should you care that they are christian you don't have to try and make them leave that?

I personally don't ever challenge people's beliefs, nor try to influence my younger siblings views (although one of them is already talking about how rubbish the concept of God is and she is 8 haha-- I swear I had nothing to do with it).

But when invited to talk about my views on religion online, I will be frank. Religion is a bad thing to me. Its so heavily involved in politics, peoples personal lives, war, and other important aspects of the world, all for the wrong reasons. Needs to be rid IMO.

no one acknowledges my posts.
ever.

no one acknowledges my posts.
ever.
Haha, no one noticed the multiple posting :p

These poll results don't surprise me.

Because they were raised not to.