Author Topic: ArmA 2 - Fairly Realistic Combat Simulator  (Read 36050 times)

Zargabad/Takistan/Chernarus Life is my favourite gamemode. i can play that for HOURS. none of my friends have ARMA2 though...

I got the freemode.

Pretty fun so far.

Just played TLR for like 3 hours. Me and a bunch of guys bought he Wep Fac and mass produced DMR/FAL and basically capped down the whole area. I was getting tired so I started murdering people. First guy I killed was one of our snipers, it got blamed on some guy who happened to kill our leader a few seconds later. I ran over to the Wep Fac and killed the 2 guys inside. Tried to camp, went to check for more ammo in the box, guy walks in, before i pull the trigger he pops me in the head.

i hate charnarus / takistan life because of how long it takes to get anything decent

time waster supreme

Personally I am fed up with Invasion 1944. After a while it just gets pretty boring.

STUART 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:40:19 AM by Feep »

Speaking of I44 I might take a break from it and go play Hell in the Pacific when it comes out.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hell-in-the-pacific

From the looks of it will the Japanese, US Navy, US Marine Corps, the British Commonwelth Forces/ANZACS. Terrains include some of the islands fought in the Pacific and parts of India.

Speaking of I44 I might take a break from it and go play Hell in the Pacific when it comes out.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hell-in-the-pacific

From the looks of it will the Japanese, US Navy, US Marine Corps, the British Commonwelth Forces/ANZACS. Terrains include some of the islands fought in the Pacific and parts of India.
Hmmm looks like an alternativ to I44.
Sounds and looks promising. I might download it once it gets released.

I44 would be fun if the ai was smarter too, like taking cover and coordinating attacks, rather than wandering out in the open and avoiding cover. Maybe adding a command feature telling the ai to drop their tripod/bipods and mgs/mortar so that way you don't have useless ai carrying important weapons like the machinegun or mortar. Otherwise there is a limited amount of servers.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:17:18 AM by Harm94 »

The mods would be fun if the ai was smarter too, like taking cover and coordinating attacks, rather than wandering out in the open and avoiding cover. Maybe adding a command feature telling the ai to drop their tripod/bipods and mgs/mortar so that way you don't have useless ai carrying important weapons like the machinegun or mortar.
I'm rather disappointed by the fake difficulty of the AI. The only thing that would improve is the accuracy of their weapons and not their tactics. I remember how Feep kept getting shot down in a F35 on a veteran domination server in ACE - he got shot down by a BMP2.

STUART 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stuart - Best tank in the whole game.

I suck so much at flying helicopters.

I'm rather disappointed by the fake difficulty of the AI. The only thing that would improve is the accuracy of their weapons and not their tactics. I remember how Feep kept getting shot down in a F35 on a veteran domination server in ACE - he got shot down by a BMP2.
Shot out of roosterpit*

loving HATE ACE MOD >:((((
Because the AI can now do jack stuff and you can't do handicapped unrealistic manouvers with jets ?
Yeah that makes sense.

Hey Arma devs. I like the work you done here with the graphics and all but that way how you tried to implement gameplay into this... Horrible.