Author Topic: ArmA 2 - Fairly Realistic Combat Simulator  (Read 35721 times)

no mac support is mega gay
Why would you want to run Arma 2 on a mac anyways

Oh another fix when it would launch for me since the update was that i exited steam and ran as administrator so try that too

no mac support is mega gay
A 2.5k Mac could barely run this game at all, and that's not counting how terrible the optimization would be.

Have you verified the integrity of the game cache? That should repair damaged files.

Every time I verify it says 1 file is put back in, but it does not fix anything, it seems like it deletes a file every time I try to launch the game.

Edit: the Beta launches perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 05:09:26 PM by F-22 Raptor »

because i dont have a pc...?
A 2.5k Mac could barely run this game at all, and that's not counting how terrible the optimization would be.
pretty sure my mac desktop could run this, although you are probs right if it was a mac laptop.

pretty sure my mac desktop could run this, although you are probs right if it was a mac laptop.
If you get xp, you could boot camp it and run this fine, assuming the graphics card you have isn't stuff and you have something like an i7

If you get xp, you could boot camp it and run this fine, assuming the graphics card you have isn't stuff and you have something like an i7
i tried to get the free version to work via crossover and wineskin but during the installation it wouldn't take me to the page that gave me the activation code. and if i got the code myself it would say it was invalid.

but yeah would probs have to bootcamp it.

Not sure where else to get help for this problem. Figured here would work since Take On Helicopters is made by the same people. My friend got me Take On Helicopters, and when I try to start it I get these two error messages.

I cant find anyone else that has the same problem as me. I've tried Verifying and Reinstalling or take On Helicopters, Arma 2, and Operation Arrowhead.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:37:46 AM by Pepsidude »

Why would you want to run Arma 2 on windows anyways?

Not sure where else to get help for this problem. Figured here would work since Take On Helicopters is made by the same people. My friend got me Take On Helicopters, and when I try to start it I get these two error messages.

I cant find anyone else that has the same problem as me. I've tried Verifying and Reinstalling or take On Helicopters, Arma 2, and Operation Arrowhead.
First one is caused by missing content. Second is a graphical error, update your drivers.

so tried running this on parrallels (basically just bootcamp, runs a virtual machine of windows) and i got it installed and everything. but after playing for like one minute the screen starts to get a brighter white until you cant see anything. not sure what this is because it runs fine up until that point. it doesn't crash or anything, just bright white screen.

so tried running this on parrallels (basically just bootcamp, runs a virtual machine of windows) and i got it installed and everything. but after playing for like one minute the screen starts to get a brighter white until you cant see anything. not sure what this is because it runs fine up until that point. it doesn't crash or anything, just bright white screen.
Does this happen to the vm or just arma? If it's just arma, a config file's gamma might be being messed with for some reason.

Does this happen to the vm or just arma? If it's just arma, a config file's gamma might be being messed with for some reason.
its just arma
how would i go about fixing that then?

its just arma
how would i go about fixing that then?
You could find the config file under "mydocuments/arma2/name/" and look from there, I believe the file is config.cfg. Try setting that to read only.

i'm going to guess it's FADE and you have a non-legitimate copy.