Poll

Do you think Mr. Hartman should put his game on Steam Greenlight for us to vote on?

Yes!
No. (Specify)
I'm not sure...

Author Topic: ▓ [BLOCKLAND ON STEAM] Let's get Blockland elected for Steam Greenlight! ▓  (Read 19105 times)

Orly?
How does the Server Remember the Password for Admin, SA and the Server Itself? IT HAS A LOG INWHICH IT IS KEPT AND PEEPS CAN HAX INTEW ITZ
Hi-jack a Server Banish everyone De-admin all SAs because URHAX

EXACTLY? The same thing? So EVERYTHING still there? nop.

... what?

Orly?
How does the Server Remember the Password for Admin, SA and the Server Itself? IT HAS A LOG INWHICH IT IS KEPT AND PEEPS CAN HAX INTEW ITZ
Hi-jack a Server Banish everyone De-admin all SAs because URHAX

EXACTLY? The same thing? So EVERYTHING still there? nop.

so badspot gets the same amount of money he gets from 20 we'll have to amp it up!!!
40 DOLA

Is this happenes and it does win:
All the Servers would flood.
Updates less often(More People finding More Glitches and servers overloading)
More hackers
Alot of newbies who dont co-operate.
Alot of People about 30000 and Minus would leave due to the mass of noobs.
No more BL_IDs                                  ^
Lack of Good Servers ( Stated Up here) |
uh no,

there would be more servers
if people are finding bugs/glitches there would need to be more updates
you cant hack blockland lol
ban/kick them, problem solved
if they do leave, they are massive babies and i personally wouldn't miss them
what
you don't know that

i like how everybody against the game going on steam is pretty much saying "all new players are bad." this isn't the case, you're going to have some bad players sure, but some people could come along and positively impact the game. that isnt a bad thing.

also tf2 crossover hats

They're saved in variables, which only the server application can access whence it's needed. There's no way to echo a server variable to your client without being some form of Admin (by default.)

Did I forget to mention if the steam servers are too full you wont even be able to Play Blockland or if steam can't connect you cant play Blockland at all.
You would have to make some sort of custom launcher that Bypasses steam so you can even play.

There are games on steam that also work without steam

Though, I wouldn't mind steam advertising blockland. Like in mods on Steam like this one
"Visit the website"
I'd prefer that if blockland had to be on steam.

AND over crowding, since people are going to always join the good servers, and places like pecons boss battles are going to have "issues" (aka, the boss dies under 20 seconds)
He has something where the more ppl there are the more health the boss gets.

Today I also saw pecon7 talking about this and he said that he would probably get a 2nd server for his boss battles if this happened due to over crowding. So half of the ppl would be at 1 sever, half at the other.

Is this happenes and it does win:
All the Servers would flood.
Updates less often(More People finding More Glitches and servers overloading)
More hackers
Alot of newbies who dont co-operate.
Alot of People about 30000 and Minus would leave due to the mass of noobs.
No more BL_IDs                                  ^
Lack of Good Servers ( Stated Up here) |

THIS SHALL AND WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
Some games shouldnt ever.

Just by reading your first two reasons, right off the bat I already know you haven't a clue at what you're talking about.

You losers need to get over the fact that something like this would bring in more players. It is not a problem. Suck it up.

Hacking into Admin Passwords banning everyone.

This happened to me once. Idk how he did it but he will never join my server again. =P

Today I also saw pecon7 talking about this and he said that he would probably get a 2nd server for his boss battles if this happened due to over crowding. So half of the ppl would be at 1 sever, half at the other.
HAHA he thinks people will fill up his server? sure if the player limit is 24. Boss battles, trench warfare, falling platforms, knife TDMs. all of these will be replaced when a new wave of players arrives. pecon7 was a name i've never heard until just last year. just like that his boss battles rose to the top and replaced whatever used to dominate.

redpikmin11's upgrade forts TDM. Wizard's dogfight. Diggy's metro RP. the techno urban TDM.
these servers used to rule the list, but no longer do.
pecon's boss battles. cat's knife tdm. glass's trench warfare. jorgur's classic dogfight.
what currently dominates the last won't last. these servers will fall if the host refuses to come up with a new idea. if a rush of new players is to come, these servers would last a maximum of two months before being replaced. they are already falling.

a lag free connection and popularity. that is all that keeps them alive. trench TDMs will be replaced. knife TDMs will be replaced. falling platforms will be replaced.

I hope Chess Brooms comes back, I always liked that. And I'd love more new players, so I'm pro-Steam.