Author Topic: >> GameMode Reference <<  (Read 72494 times)

So I'm confused. Some of my bricks get seriously screwed up when I try to put them in a game-mode.

Bug? I tested it in Blockland (w/o game-mode), and it worked fine. But as soon as it goes into a game-mode, nope.

Healthy:
[IMG ]http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/Jeepserver/s3.png[/img]

Not Healthy:
[IMG ]http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/Jeepserver/S1.png[/img]
Are you sure you correctly wrote "ADDON Event_Variables" in the gamemode.txt file without any spelling errors or such?

Are you sure you correctly wrote "ADDON Event_Variables" in the gamemode.txt file without any spelling errors or such?
Positive. Because about 1/2 of them work, while the other 1/2 turn red and do nothing. And I can't find a reason why they should be doing that.

Positive. Because about 1/2 of them work, while the other 1/2 turn red and do nothing. And I can't find a reason why they should be doing that.
Does it require any add-ons that add on to the VCE system?

Nope. Just VCE's standard functions. I emailed Badspot in hopes that I can get to the bottom of this. I seem to think that it might be a Blockland bug, as I'm positive that I did everything right.

Badspot

• Administrator
So I'm confused. Some of my bricks get seriously screwed up when I try to put them in a game-mode.

Bug? I tested it in Blockland (w/o game-mode), and it worked fine. But as soon as it goes into a game-mode, nope.

Healthy:
[IMG ]http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/Jeepserver/s3.png[/img]

Not Healthy:
[IMG ]http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/Jeepserver/S1.png[/img]

The required events add-ons are not loaded in the game mode. 

Any reason save.bls is required for Game Modes like Rampage? And I don't see it mentioned in other Game Mode files, like Pirate DM. What if we are going to do a level based Game Mode, should the save.bls be blank or something?

The required events add-ons are not loaded in the game mode. 
Both pictures were taken from the same game-mode. Some bricks load the events, some turn them into setColor's and cancel the rest.

Any reason save.bls is required for Game Modes like Rampage? And I don't see it mentioned in other Game Mode files, like Pirate DM. What if we are going to do a level based Game Mode, should the save.bls be blank or something?
The save.bls is blank in Rampage. So yes.

Is it possible to make 1 live minigames?

When I try to specify the gamemode I am making as it's own required add-on, I always get an error saying that it is not a valid add-on. I need to execute the server scripts that it contains. How do I accomplish this?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:37:41 PM by pecon98 »

Needs to contain gamemode.txt and have itself listed as an Addon to boot.

GameMode_Example needs to have

Code: [Select]
ADDON GameMode_Example
in its list of addons so it executes server.cs.

Am i rite guyz

EDIT: Should have read that again. However, thats still how you execute a GameMode's server.cs... if you are booting it straight from the Start Server menu. Never gonna try to help someone with their coding again..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:13:29 AM by Randomness »

Needs to contain gamemode.txt and have itself listed as an Addon to boot.

GameMode_Example needs to have

Code: [Select]
ADDON GameMode_Example
in its list of addons so it executes server.cs.

Am i rite guyz

EDIT: Should have read that again. However, thats still how you execute a GameMode's server.cs... if you are booting it straight from the Start Server menu. Never gonna try to help someone with their coding again..
I already have done all of that. When the game mode is executing addons it makes an error when it gets to itself saying that Gamemode_Imnottellingyouthena me is not a valid add-on.

I already have done all of that. When the game mode is executing addons it makes an error when it gets to itself saying that Gamemode_Imnottellingyouthena me is not a valid add-on.

Do you have a server.cs in the Gamemode's folder?