Author Topic: 2012/08/15 - Blockland r1701  (Read 35716 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Hey Baddy, Very nice work! But the Intel Problem is still up, the shaders and shadows works for other games, why Blockland?

Please read before posting.  If you do not see something in this post then I have not fixed it yet.

I have encountered a problem.
When I click on "Join Game" and then exit the window, there are no buttons at all to click on. The only things in the window are screenshots and my name on the bottom.

I just started up a custom game mode with jvs, build some doors, changed to free build, noted the lack of doors, switched back to custom again.

Pretty sure it's this.

So how exactly do you download EXT_texture3D? I have NVIDIA GeForce 9400. :S?

Would Shaders & Shadows work on OpenGL & GLSL versions 2.0?

Badspot

• Administrator
Pretty sure it's this.

Ok, the problem is that JVS_content packages disconnect() and calls Parent::disconnect(); before cleaning up its own variables.  The main disconnect() function destroys all server objects (including ContentBricksSO) and deactivates all packages.  The solution is for JVS to put the Parent::disconnect(); call at the bottom of the packaged disconnect() function.  Tier tactical probably has a similar problem.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:21:12 AM by Badspot »

I cant see my TNT Plungers(JVS) in my server.
but i could yesterday.
?
id give the consol log to you but its:
1. larger than 512 kb( and im to lazy to upload it else where)
2. excedes 20000 characters
3. is annoyingly repetitive.

EDIT:
stopped being lazy:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vcp015yehvpetsf
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:59:43 AM by GEN.Fire Bird »

Is there or will there be any sort of compatibility mode for lower GLSL versions? My graphics card only supports 1.2 while the latest is 4.3, and two support functions needed (EXT_texture_array, ARB_texture_rg) aren't present, meaning shadows and shaders never activate.

This fixed all of my problems, for now.
Keep up the good work.

Is there or will there be any sort of compatibility mode for lower GLSL versions? My graphics card only supports 1.2 while the latest is 4.3, and two support functions needed (EXT_texture_array, ARB_texture_rg) aren't present, meaning shadows and shaders never activate.
Have you considered the possibility that these things are essential to S&S, and lack of them cannot just become "compatible"

I am able to package MM_AuthBar::blinkSuccess with no problems.  I installed rtb and it responded as soon as regular auth finished.  I don't know what GuiMouseEventCtrl does since it is not used anywhere in the entire game but I think it's safe to say something else is wrong with your game. 
I was mistaken. It turns out that for some reason none of the packages in my add-on are taking effect. The add-on is indeed executing and activating the packages. They work when loaded on the server, but not the client. RTB looking down was a side-effect of that.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:16:07 PM by Scout31 »

So you can fix the intel problem? Or is it something you can't fix?

I don't know if it's been said already, but when starting custom gamemode I can't see all my music addons. I have alot but it won't display all of them in the start game list.

Still, if I spray a brick with invisible spray, I can still see it a little and it won't have outlines.
I might have misunderstood "Fixed 100% transparent brick parts still being rendered"