Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2476159 times)

Some people are just outright garbage at being a people
really thought i've lost count of the whole "that kill doesn't matter because my choice of weapons is superior"
even i do it (forget the CSGO awp and everything it stands for)
hard argument to make while mr medicine motorboats your heavy buttcheeks for points
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:20:46 AM by Cargøn »

I think I've found my new Spy loadout for now, L'Etranger, Spycicle/knife (depends on the pyro count), and Cloak n Dagger.

I love the combo, oddly I've gotten extremely good at aiming with the L'Etranger and can actually pose a threat with it.

Backburner/Spy would've gotten rid of them.

Eh...that's not exactly true. Spy is extremely hard to play in competitive for example, for one reason, mics. If the medic has a mic and actually pays attention it becomes extremely hard to backstab/ambush them effectively before the heavy spins around and tears you a new one. A good Sniper however could've easily brought them down.

Eh...that's not exactly true. Spy is extremely hard to play in competitive for example, for one reason, mics. If the medic has a mic and actually pays attention it becomes extremely hard to backstab/ambush them effectively before the heavy spins around and tears you a new one. A good Sniper however could've easily brought them down.
Huh, I didn't think about that. Then again, I'm just a pub scrub.
Sniper, on the other hand, I can see working.

Mrw people complain about playing phlog pyro instead of degreaser pyro

I hate phlog pyros when they have mmmpfh lol but that's the point. Although I think it's a little too extreme, I mean you can wipe out an entire team that actually sees you coming because of the ridiculous buffs and max hp you get. With a medic you're pretty much a god. I didn't mind that as much as the as the Degreaser Axtinguisher combo though, so glad they nerfed it.

i love the degreaser and axtinguisher combo i'm such a horrible person

i love the degreaser and axtinguisher combo i'm such a horrible person

...But i do use the shotgun fairly often

All classes take some sort of skill to master obviously, going to highlight a few skills you need to be a 'master' of a certain class.

Scout: Timing jumps, aim, positioning (put out the max damage while maintaining a safe distance)
Soldier: Rocket jumping, enemy prediction, rocket projection(as in where and precisely when the rocket will hid what you're aiming at), and positioning
Pyro: Awareness (for projectiles and spies), airblasting, flare projection (if applicable)
Demoman: Airbursting (unfortunately), grenade projection (same as rocket projection but with grenades), sticky jumping
Heavy: Awareness (spies and snipers, watching over your medic), prediction (anticipating when/where there will be enemies), positioning
Engineer: Awareness (spies), building positioning, building efficiency (how fast and efficiently you can start setting up/finish setting up)
Medic: Awareness (all oncoming damage against you and allies, spies+snipers), healing priorities, knowing when to run and when to fight, crossbow projection (if applicable)
Sniper: Awareness (of targets and spies), aim (obviously), positioning
Spy: Awareness (of what's happening around you, potential targets), aim, timing, prediction (anticipating when/where there will be enemies), positioning

Class(room) discussion: What class is the easiest to master and why?

Demo is in my opinion quite easy to play because all you have to really do is spam, however there is a lot more depth to it.

This reminds me of how I was playing Foundry, and there was this one Demoman and medic that would not leave eachothers side for the whole round
the demo was a sticky slinger demo too.

and I couldn't do stuff to him cause I was messing around playing ambassador spy, and every time I went somewhere to ambassador snipe, that demo medic combo would just pop up and kill me

the worst part is he named his sticky bomb launcher "le epic meme XD XD" or something handicapped like that.

Demo is in my opinion quite easy to play because all you have to really do is spam, however there is a lot more depth to it.

Exactly, lots of people also say Heavy, but Heavies actually require quite a bit to be good at, most heavies without a medic just get destroyed unless they're corner camping and with a medic you now have a whole new level of responsibility because it's your job to defend him. Pyros are also said to be the easiest to play, but mastering Pyro's a whole different deal, good Pyros typically don't W+M1 and are actually quite fun to watch in competitive because their role becomes a more supportive one, and with airblast become a near tank type class with the Heavy. That's why I asked that question as I did, it's easy to use some classes, mastering them...ehh not so much and you can definitely see the difference between the two.

That's why I asked that question as I did, it's easy to use some classes, mastering them...ehh not so much and you can definitely see the difference between the two.
I was actually thinking it about this a few hours ago when I was playing demoman

Tide turner Demoknight actually does kinda require some skill in a way

Like, you need to figure out how much of a turn you need to do and stall the charge long enough to get that crit with your melee to get the kill.
and then if theres still enemies you have to try to decide if you should either continue charging them or charge away.
and that's all in a matter of 5 seconds.