Author Topic: 2012/09/05 - Blockland r1728  (Read 44715 times)

I set the shader quality via console and it still doesn't work. Seriously, badspot needs to fix intel's shaders.

Can't see shaders, attached console.log.

I feel like Badspot is going to start a ban-trend on people who post this.

Intel hardware seems to be working at minimal, but it spams console with something.

I set the shader quality via console and it still doesn't work. Seriously, badspot needs to fix intel's shaders.
Why do you guys even buy things with Intel GPUs(Integrated)

Intel is good with CPU's but their horrible with GPUs.
Instead of just choosing a laptop because you like they way it looks you should look at the crap it has before you guy it.

If you can't upgrade your video because your on a laptop then get an external video card, their really rare but it will help until you find something better, if your on a normal computer, the just get a new video card(GPU,Graphics Card).

Why do you guys even buy things with Intel GPUs(Integrated)

Intel is good with CPU's but their horrible with GPUs.
Instead of just choosing a laptop because you like they way it looks you should look at the crap it has before you guy it.

If you can't upgrade your video because your on a laptop then get an external video card, their really rare but it will help until you find something better, if your on a normal computer, the just get a new video card(GPU,Graphics Card).

I'm going to be buying a Macbook soon, because I enjoy the Mac OS operating system and the quality put into the hardware. I don't want to have to change my mind just because Blockland doesn't like Intel GPUs.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:46:35 PM by Squideey »

I'm going to be buying a Macbook soon, because I enjoy the Mac OS operating system and the quality  into the hardware. I don't want to have to change my mind just because Blockland doesn't like Intel GPUs.
*chuckles*
Macbooks dont use Intel GPUs.

*chuckles*
Macbooks dont use Intel GPUs.
Actually I think it switches to an Nvidia GPU when it's under more stress. Doesn't it primarily use an Intel GPU? Hopefully I don't need to be worried about it.

Actually I think it switches to an Nvidia GPU when it's under more stress. Doesn't it primarily use an Intel GPU? Hopefully I don't need to be worried about it.
last I checked they switched from Intel to Nvidia
though I don't follow Apple

They have integrated intel and nvidia.  You can choose between auto, one or the other., but you might have to log out and back in or something to select a different one, so that'd be a bit of a hassle to have to do to run blockland.

They have integrated intel and nvidia.  You can choose between auto, one or the other., but you might have to log out and back in or something to select a different one, so that'd be a bit of a hassle to have to do to run blockland.
I don't think you have to log out to force it into dedicated graphics.

Do you have any addons related to brick saving, like the auto save backup thing or something like that?

No. And when I downloaded an autosaver and set it to 5 minuites, every 5 minuites, I would crash. It's the saving its self.

Minimum works for me. (I use Intel.)

I still can't run shadows, yet it gives me the option to run on options other than minimum.

Also for the record my GPU/Graphics Card is an ATI Mobility Raedon HD 5730 Graphics 1 GB.
i think it's high end, right?

also my CPU/processor is Intel Core i7.

console.log below