RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing

Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 255418 times)

Hey Ephil, do you use Linode Hosting Service for RTB Hosting by any chance?
No, he would be bankrupt if he did.

No, he would be bankrupt if he did.
Lol they are like super expensive?

Hey Ephil, do you use Linode Hosting Service for RTB Hosting by any chance?

We use Linode to host the web side of things, but not for hosting actual Blockland servers no.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:00:31 PM by Altiris »

We use Linode to host the web side of things, but not for hosting actual Blockland servers no.
Ahh okay, I did not know you could do that. Could you point me in a direction of good/cheap hosting services that are good? I want to host a Blockland and Minecraft Server. Thanks!

Look at their prices. They're dedicated servers, so yes they're pretty expensive. You can use pretty much any cheap VPS service to host BL and MC, go with Kalphiter's stuffty provider (or if you want to pay less buy a hosting service from Lub and a MC hosting service from minecraftforum, which will be significantly cheaper)

Are you sure, are they expensive? I am looking for a service to host BL and MC (Not at the same time, well maybe. BL would be taking up most of the usage, MC will only have 5 players max)
FYI: Minecraft uses ridiculously more resources than Blockland, even when the server is idle/empty.

Look at their prices. They're dedicated servers, so yes they're pretty expensive. You can use pretty much any cheap VPS service to host BL and MC, go with Kalphiter's stuffty provider (or if you want to pay less buy a hosting service from Lub and a MC hosting service from minecraftforum, which will be significantly cheaper)
Hmm that is one other option. I can go with either Lub or Kalph for Blockland and then get another host for MC but I haven't really found any cheap ones so I am not sure what the price would be.

Hmm that is one other option. I can go with either Lub or Kalph for Blockland and then get another host for MC but I haven't really found any cheap ones so I am not sure what the price would be.
They're about $6, so that would be a total of $12 for two quality hosts, where a VPS would be more like $40 a month for a quality host.

Ahh okay, I did not know you could do that. Could you point me in a direction of good/cheap hosting services that are good? I want to host a Blockland and Minecraft Server. Thanks!
If location doesn't matter, go with https://hetzner.de/en/ , they sell VPSs and dedicated servers.

My provider is not stuffty. I'm sure you have loads of experience with one of their servers!

Lol they are like super expensive?
Linode is ridiculously expensive.

FYI: Minecraft uses ridiculously more resources than Blockland, even when the server is idle/empty.
I wonder if you've heard my complaints about why Minecraft is so hard to host.

They're about $6, so that would be a total of $12 for two quality hosts, where a VPS would be more like $40 a month for a quality host.
I will think about it, thanks. I may just to get an MC host since in my past times trying to host BL servers nobody would join. My home internet is up to par with hosting but whenever one of my family members uses Netflix, or Vudu it starts to get laggy for my friends.

EDIT: I was looking at Hetzner Online's Vserver's (Is that a VPS?) and I noticed they have 250gb of bandwidth, I am not sure if that is enough but from looking in google and MC forums I found a MC host that has Unlimited bandwidth and it is a dedicated server. Is VPS better than dedicated server?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:12:12 PM by Altiris »

Can you look into why my Server Chat wont work? I didn't really download anything other than Slayer. (Since it started not working)

Is VPS better than dedicated server?
Yes, but they're more expensive.

EDIT: I was looking at Hetzner Online's Vserver's (Is that a VPS?) and I noticed they have 250gb of bandwidth, I am not sure if that is enough but from looking in google and MC forums I found a MC host that has Unlimited bandwidth and it is a dedicated server. Is VPS better than dedicated server?
That's the 250 gigabit backbone, nothing to do with bandwidth limitations. It's the speed of the connection to the internet. What you're referring to is "traffic". 1TB is plenty.