RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing

Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 255400 times)

Are you referring to yourself in third person or are you incapable of reading?
Nevermind, I thought you were trying to say the same as beachbum.

'That guy's buying a new car.'
'Why?'
'He just told you. He's buying a new car.'

What.
No, that's not what happened.

'What happened to your old car?'
'I'm buying a new one.'
'What happened to the old one?'
'He just told you, he's buying a new one.'

It's implied that he got rid of the old one to get the new one.

So, I'm currently about 5 blocks away from the datacenter. I wonder what the ping would be like from here  :cookieMonster:

Is the auto saver working again?

If the server crashes, loading environment variables would be nice :o

Ping was really jumpy today, several of the individuals active in the server experienced it.  Server was populated with about 20+ players, with a LOT of physics vehicles, and had a ping jumping from 90-160, sometimes staying up in the 100s.

with a LOT of physics vehicles
More than 20 is unsupported in Blockland.

More than 20 is unsupported in Blockland.

But still possible...

Ping was really jumpy today, several of the individuals active in the server experienced it.  Server was populated with about 20+ players, with a LOT of physics vehicles, and had a ping jumping from 90-160, sometimes staying up in the 100s.
This isn't very helpful, who's server was it?

This isn't very helpful, who's server was it?
That'd be Siba's.
He was hosting this buildable vehicle server.

buildable vehicle server
If it's based on fast schedules, then there's your answer.

That's not high for me at all.

and had a ping jumping from 90-160, sometimes staying up in the 100s.

That's positive for me.

But still possible...
Not the point. If they're breaking the supported limit, the lag is their own problem.

You can't run a server beyond the game limit of physics vehicles and then install a really stuff add-on on top of that and expect the server to run fine. Our servers run perfectly until people abuse them and force them way beyond their limitations. It's unreasonable to expect it to cope well with something like this.