Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1312301 times)

perhaps the fan mount has come loose, or something is unbalancing it. I would open the case and have a look while it's running

You should probably expect to have to replace it though
I think it's the fan, it seems to be moving around instead of just spinning and staying in the same place

I think it's the fan, it seems to be moving around instead of just spinning and staying in the same place
Yep. Turn the power off, take the psu completely out, see if you can open it up and diagnose the problem more accurately. Also, start looking on newegg for a new psu

Yep. Turn the power off, take the psu completely out, see if you can open it up and diagnose the problem more accurately. Also, start looking on newegg for a new psu
Opening the PSU = warranty not valid anymore.

King Leo is right, don't void the warranty.

Nobody should ever open their PSU. In rare circumstances, only a qualified electrician should be poking around as they won't harm themselves.

I didn't open it, I've no idea what im doing with the insides of those things. He's going to check if he can get it replaced or wait for my dad to get home and poke around with it, he knows nothing about computers but is good with electric stuff c:

My older PC's PSU fan failed a while back so I replaced it with a Rocketfish Modular PSU that I got for like $60. Don't try to open that stuff up.

Sorry that I'm being a idiot since I know nothing about computers but how would I install a operating system like would I have to buy one for a disk? Just asking.

Sorry that I'm being a idiot since I know nothing about computers but how would I install a operating system like would I have to buy one for a disk? Just asking.
If your computer has a optical drive(put cd's in), then you can buy an instilation disk. If it does not, you can download an OS from microhards website(buy it), and install using windows usb boot. Google is your friend.

It's odd because sometimes it doesn't happen.

If I was looking for a new graphics card what things would I be looking for to make sure it fits with my motherboard?