Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286445 times)

why is the computer name gaming

How much better is FX 4130 vs 4300 and Radeon 7790 vs 7770? I'm wondering if my performance will be almost as good as Alyx's when I get 4 more GBs of RAM and can run Blockland natively on windows (I don't have windows yet).

I'm not sure how its better but I can insure that the 4300 + 7790 (and 8gb ram) is a good thing to go with. Doesn't break the bank and it gives good performance.

I'm not sure how its better but I can insure that the 4300 + 7790 (and 8gb ram) is a good thing to go with. Doesn't break the bank and it gives good performance.
Yah, even if what I already have doesn't get to much better with Win7 (or 8) and 8 GBs or RAM, I'm still happy. If I can't run max settings, I can go to high and have it still be playable. :P

Yah, even if what I already have doesn't get to much better with Win7 (or 8) and 8 GBs or RAM, I'm still happy. If I can't run max settings, I can go to high and have it still be playable. :P
Ye, that'd be good.

So, in an hour or so I'm moving (yes, again) and I was wondering if there is a certain way to move the PC? I kept the packaging for the case, can I just put the foam back on the case and put it in the box and transport it that way?

are you positive it's Fahrenheit and not Celsius? 70F sounds too cool (21 celsius)

are you positive it's Fahrenheit and not Celsius? 70F sounds too cool (21 celsius)
It is in fact Fahrenheit.

That's pretty dang cool. :/ My CPU idles at like 35ish degrees Celsius. :/

Alyx, what CPU cooler are you using?

My Corsair H100 keeps my CPU at around 30C average while overclocked to 4.6 GHz.

Alyx, what CPU cooler are you using?

My Corsair H100 keeps my CPU at around 30C average while overclocked to 4.6 GHz.
I'm using the stock one believe it or not.

I'm using the stock one believe it or not.

you've basically won the silicon lottery if those temps are consistent lol

30c? (=86f)

any comp might do that if its not being used perhaps. i mean thats the room temp today even.
you clearly arent overclocking enough if thats all you have.

i mean heat isnt bad, it just limits the power. if you are underheated, then you are wasting potential power.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:33:46 PM by Bisjac »

My FX-6300 resides at about 28 deg. C at idle, but I also use an aftermarket cooler (CM GeminII). I have not tried overclocking yet, not sure if my 500w power supply can handle it.

you've basically won the silicon lottery if those temps are consistent lol
I average 50-60F on idle, 60-70F with light loads, 70-80F with heavier loads.