Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311988 times)

You're kidding, right? lol

GTX 980 from what I've heard is pretty damn awesome.

no seriously

both are "pretty damn awesome"

but which one is better

no seriously

both are "pretty damn awesome"

but which one is better
gtx 980 obv

msi has some kinda dock coming out for a (msi as well?) laptop model.
meant for using desktop video cards

I don't think I'm going to get the S340. I've heard it may have compatibility issues with some water cooling radiators, and I may want to watercool at some point.

Currently my top pick is the Enthoo Pro, but the Corsair 450D is nice (but doesn't have a PSU cover and will look funny when I put in my ODD).
Why not just use NZXT's water coolers?

Alright, what's the best method to wipe a hard drive for future use?
Take a slightly damp cloth and wipe the surface.

Take a slightly damp cloth and wipe the surface.

Do not use any cleaning solutions or polish as doing so will tarnish the metal surfaces of the hard-drive.

Whats the best way to apply thermal paste? I usually just put a pea-sized amount in the middle and place the heatsink on top to spread it out.

Also, how thick should the layer be? Mine is about paper thin, and im unsure if thats sufficient

Whats the best way to apply thermal paste? I usually just put a pea-sized amount in the middle and place the heatsink on top to spread it out.

Also, how thick should the layer be? Mine is about paper thin, and im unsure if thats sufficient

I use a blob about the size of a baby pea and get by fine

I feel like 2mm of paste is good

also should I double my ram from 8 GB to 16?

probably not if you have something else you want to upgrade

I feel like 2mm of paste is good

Upgrading RAM like that is only needed if you do video editing or some new level of multitasking that requires so much memory.

is there even a reason to have 8gb of ram for a gaming pc?

8 is enough for just about anything, 4 is like the bare minimum for a gaming PC, and 16 is just wasted money.
I have 24 and use 16 of it on a RAMDisk.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:18:29 PM by Plexious »

I have eight, and I regularly use around half. so I don't think 4gb would really cut it. it's not like computers only have one purpose

4gb of RAM is painful.

But my school laptop that I carry around has like 1gb, so don't know what I'm complaining about.