[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309884 times)

Wait
Its actually a thing?
How does that even work? Seriously i dont understand computers at all.

So you just figured that CPU's didn't affect performance?

Super duper hard question to Google

snip
so I was just wront entirely, it's a 1366?

If cpus didnt affect performance none of us (except for bisjac) would get any of the cpus from the last 5 years

so I was just wront entirely, it's a 1366?
Yes, LGA1366 is heavily outdated.

The newest and latest Intel socket is LGA 1151, for the Skylake processors (Intel Core i#-6xxx).  Before that you have LGA 1150 with the Broadwell lineup (Intel Core i#-5xxx [there are very few Broadwell models for desktops compared to others, Broadwells were more designed for either high-end desktops or laptops/ultrabooks] ), and the Haswell lineup using 1150 too (Intel Core i#-4xxx).  Then before that LGA 1155 was used for Ivy Bridge (-3xxx) and Sandy Bridge (-2xxx).

In other words you want an 1150 at the very least.  I actually just upgraded a few months ago from an LGA1366 mobo with a Core i7-930 overclocked to 3.2 GHz, to a Core i5 Haswell at 3.5 GHz and the performance boost has been great.

ill putt you in the ground, punk
i'll put ur richard in the ground homie

So you just figured that CPU's didn't affect performance?
I figured it wouldnt hold back my other stuff.

So bottlenecking basicly is you are running with a group of 3 and you and our buddy are very fast but that one guy is a fatforget and slow af and you cant leave him behind so you're just slowing down to get on his tempo?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:45:28 AM by espio100 »

I figured it wouldnt hold back my other stuff.

So bottlenecking basicly is you are running with a group of 3 and you and our buddy are very fast but that one guy is a fatforget and slow af and you cant leave him behind so you're just slowing down to get on his tempo?

Nothing physically slows down or runs at a lower speed though, but in tasks where all the parts are being used together your performance will always be limited by the weakest component. The term "bottlenecking" is just used to describe setups which are way out of balance, such as having a Core 2 Duo in a system with a GTX 980 Ti (probably not even possible, don't quote me on this).

more easily explained:
if i have a stuff cpu and a good gpu and run beamng drive, it will be like 10 fps
once i pause physics, the fps will shoot up to 80 cause the cpu is no longer involved, and the gpu can flex its muscles

So a quadcore 3.2Ghz goes well with a GTX960?

I got my new board, plugged everything in but it will not start up. There is a green LED on my board.
Help pls?

So a quadcore 3.2Ghz goes well with a GTX960?
I hope so, cause I'll be getting a 3.3Ghz with a GTX 960.

I got my new board, plugged everything in but it will not start up. There is a green LED on my board.
Help pls?
Double check your front panel connectors, and when your done, do it again.

Double check your front panel connectors, and when your done, do it again.
Done this countless times, no luck