Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1329790 times)

I'd be careful using high profile memory and a Cooler Master cooler like a T4 / 212 Evo, try going with a Cryorig m9i / h7, those are designed to not interfere with ram whatsoever
Doublepost but adding onto this, most if not all aftermarket CPU coolers come with thermal paste, and 99% of the time the paste is really good, especially with Cryorig.

:( ryzen only 1 (mediocre) itx mobo?
cmon now...

Doublepost but adding onto this, most if not all aftermarket CPU coolers come with thermal paste, and 99% of the time the paste is really good, especially with Cryorig.
corsair and nzxt have good pre-paste.

:( ryzen only 1 (mediocre) itx mobo?
cmon now...
Yeah, the mounting for it is really loving huge

I'd be careful using high profile memory and a Cooler Master cooler like a T4 / 212 Evo, try going with a Cryorig m9i / h7, those are designed to not interfere with ram whatsoever

based on the image of the motherboard he'll be fine so long as he orients his cooler vertically.

regarding overclocking: ah yes I am a loving ghe, didn't know motherboard chipsets were important to overclocking. as long as they work together its fine I guess, I can always upgrade the mobo later down the line to allow OC'ing

regarding ram clearance: vertical placement might not be possible, theres no ventilation at the top. i'll see what happens when I try horizontal, kind of silly it could possibly get in the way but oh well :V. if I'm desperate I could be forgetin mental and drill some holes in the top of my case and stick a mesh over it but again, i'll see how it goes

right now I'm only waiting for the psu, motherboard and ram to arrive from being delivered

thanks for the advice though guys, I know I forgeted a few things but its good to learn, really happy I decided to build my own pc because of how much I know now after watching videos and consulting people

Why the forget did google chrome change it so I can't edit my extensions?

Why the forget did google chrome change it so I can't edit my extensions?
forget you mean brah

They changed the settings layout a couple months back and now I can't delete or disable extensions

forget arey ou talkin about bruh

Oh stuff thanks I guess they changed where extensions used to be

I'm going to be getting a laptop for school and I need recommendations

Wants:
  • No Bloatware/Pre-installed software (If possible no OS installed)
  • No tacky gamer aesthetic (stuff like Republic of Gamers or Alienware)
  • Run at least Dark Souls 3

I don't know if these are realistic wants though

I don't know if these are realistic wants though
None of these are unrealistic aside from bloatware, but you can just un-install it

how much would you pay for this

i7 6700
Gigabyte h170 mobo
16gb 2400mhz ddr4 ram
Evga gtx 1070 w/ icx cooler
750w corsair gold psu
512gb WD black m.2 ssd
Corsair carbide mid tower case

how much would you pay for this

i7 6700
Gigabyte h170 mobo
16gb 2400mhz ddr4 ram
Evga gtx 1070 w/ icx cooler
750w corsair gold psu
512gb WD black m.2 ssd
Corsair carbide mid tower case
depends on how heavily used/if gpu/cpu were ever overclocked or used for mining.

I'm putting together a build, just picked up some stuff on the current newegg sale;

Currently have:
Gigabyte GA-Z170X motherboard
Western Digital 250GB SSD
7th Generation i7 7700k@4.2ghz
Cougar Panzer Max full tower case

Still need:
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Hard drive (1 or 2 TB if I can find a good deal)
Gtx 1080 Ti (can score one for around $700 New in box from someone IRL)
Cpu cooler (looking at a noctua air cooler but also considering a corsair AIO water cooling unit as I've heard the new i7s run hot)
750W modular PSU

Any input or suggestions about these specs? I was expecting to spend $1700-$1800 USD but since newegg had a sale and I picked some stuff up, I have $150 I saved before as "wiggle room" that I can allocate towards any of the components I still need to buy.

depends on how heavily used/if gpu/cpu were ever overclocked or used for mining.
never used, he just put it together and set it aside
not exactly sure why