[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286436 times)

i got a gt 710 today
you could have at least get a 730 instead of a 710

I have an old gtx 750ti somewhere, I swapped it out for a GTX 1060 3gb in November, probably one of the best decisions I've made with my computer

tfw I did research on the GTS 450 and found out I'd be more than happy with its performance

whats wrong with me

not playing any cool games

not playing any cool games
99.99% of all the new games out don't interest me at all, I mainly play old games and want to emulate the ps2 and such

What's the easiest way to transfer files between computers, and especially Blockland saves? Would making my own repository be the best?

What's the easiest way to transfer files between computers, and especially Blockland saves? Would making my own repository be the best?
windows homegroup, flash drive / removable stuff

I really need to get a NAS, stop blindly following install wizards that install to my SSD, and get a bigger HDD as well.

how tha forget do you guys use up that much space

I really need to get a NAS, stop blindly following install wizards that install to my SSD, and get a bigger HDD as well.

same

I really wanna build a system running unraid and setup some vm's and what not.  But WD Reds are not all that cheap.

I really wanna build a system running unraid and setup some vm's and what not.  But WD Reds are not all that cheap.
just buy a refurbished server

with drives of course, a lot come with a few
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:48:08 PM by Hawt »

get some very high capacity HGST drives, those will be fine

Is it a better idea to buy an LG 1150 xeon processor instead of an i7?
Xeons are more widely available on ebay and also cheaper.

:thinking:

i found the opposite, but then again i might've been looking at different cpus than you

found some i7 4790k starting from 90 euros and up used vs e3 1285 v4 from 150ish and up used

but then again with ebay and bidding the prices will live untill they're sold