[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1286230 times)

you vs the guy she tells you to not worry about

ooo

did you get the other parts yet? love to see it all put together

a clean desk is for losers lole

HELL YEA BITCH

Got my i5 2500s in the mail two days ago, after replacing my i3 2130 with this, holy stuff the performance in games literally doubled. I went from High - Very High with Low Textures and FXAA with the Redux in GTA V with 30 - 40 fps, to everything maxed with X4 MSAA both for the game and reflections, and getting 40-60fps

Mafia 3 plays at max and I get 30 - 40 fps

Holy mother of forget this one simple $20 dollar processor upgrade made such a major ass loving difference, god my GTX 670 must've been bottlenecked to stuff.

The last things I gotta buy for my PC before it's finished:
- Arctic Alpine 11 Pro Rev.2
- 2x Arctic F12 3pin fans
- 1x Arctic F9 3pin fan
- used but not literally been used $35 Arctic Accellero Xtreme III GPU cooler
- 3pin Y fan splitter

All of these last parts are under $70 to get in total, and I'm selling a PC for $70, aka my pc is like a week-ish from being done!

very nice and clean! im not the biggest fan of leds and stuff but that purdy

very nice and clean! im not the biggest fan of leds and stuff but that purdy
if your gaming pc doesnt look like a lightshow, is it really a gaming pc?

if your gaming pc doesnt look like a lightshow, is it really a gaming pc?
mine looks like an office pc with an entire front mesh and no LEDs at all aside from the HDD one, it maxes out every game I've tested and is nearly silent :thinking:

mine looks like an office pc with an entire front mesh and no LEDs at all aside from the HDD one, it maxes out every game I've tested and is nearly silent :thinking:
Objection!
Every RGB light adds 100Mhz to your clockspeed.

Objection!
Every RGB light adds 100Mhz to your clockspeed.
suck richard rgb is stuff

OKAY UH LIT AS forget

IRL friend is giving me his T2 with everything in box since it didn't fit his case originally

loving yes daddy

My Gaming PC

Not sure why it says my 1080 Ti's are 3GB

My silent dual Xeon E5-2680 v4 28 core video editing/capture/encoding PC

Same motherboard and similar CPU's from 7 Gamers,  1 CPU
One of my 32GB sticks of ECC DDR4 cost more than most of your CPU's

My 12 year old 3-way SLI retro gaming PC

First ever setup to support 3-way SLI
Motherboard is the EVGA Nforce 680i SLI

DUDE I WANT YOUR RETRO PC OMFG

SHOW PICTURES PLEASE

2006 was quite the year for desktop PC's

Core2 Quad QX6700 - The first consumer quad-core from intel
Nvidia 8800 GTX - The first DirectX 10 GPU, the first CUDA accelerated GPU, first GPU with unified shaders, first GPU to support 3-way SLI, first GPU with 768MB vram, first 384-bit bus-width GPU
Hitachi HDS72505 - First consumer 500GB hard drive, first consumer SATA 2 drive

SLI bridge, case/fans, PSU, and CPU cooler are new. Everything else was either manufactured in 2006 or early 2007.

It can actually runs games and use all 3 GPU's without crashing. The GPU's get EXTREMELY hot because their thermal paste has turned to dust in the last 12 years.
Despite the boot drive being from 2006, it doesn't take too terribly long to boot into Windows 10, could be faster if you used Windows 7 or Vista.
4 of the 5 drives are in a raid configuration for my Steam library and none of them show signs of dying.

I'd like to get all matching SATA cables and a case originally from 2006 in the future. However a PSU from 2006 is where I draw the line...

would you consider reapplying the thermal paste in those GPUs?