Author Topic: iOS Jailbreak/Android Rooting Megathread - Next JB coming @ iOS 7.0  (Read 22668 times)

Out of interest will jailbreaking unlock the iphone 4?

If not could somebody please link me to a method of doing so, I've seen a few on google but the public response to some of them isn't as high as I would like.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:41:19 PM by Danny Boy »

Out of interest, is there any benefit at all to having a tethered jailbroken device? I don't get why they even exist.

Out of interest, is there any benefit at all to having a tethered jailbroken device? I don't get why they even exist.
Tethered is usually available before untethered.

forget, my sd card is now corrupted and my phone's stuck in an eternal bootloop. going to best buy though to get a sd card reader to format it.  do not use cyanomod 10

Android. My phone's stuck in a CyanogenMod10 bootloop, trying to reset it to default with the stock RUU. If i can't get it, can i still send it in to HTC and pay them? Or if i unlocked the bootloader, is it just void and they won't do anything?

If you can, boot into your recovery you should have installed and flash a new ROM. First pull out your battery to turn it off and reinsert it, then boot into recovery. This happened to my Kindle Fire when I flashed Hashcode's jelly bean ROM.

I've just rooted, now what?
Here are some good ideas and apps for you if you have rooted your Android phone.

Ideas
  • Flash a new ROM onto your device such as CyanogenMod, etc. You can find good ROMs for your device at the PHAndroid Forums or xda developers.
  • Install your new recovery such as CWM permanently as I have stated in some rooting tutorials. Delete system/recovery-from-boot.p!
Good Applications
  • ROM Toolbox Lite - A must have root app to browse your file system, script, manage apps, etc.
  • ROM Manager by CWM - A good app to manage and flash new ROMs.
  • No Frills CPU Control - A great app to overclock your phone's CPU.
  • Boot Animations * Root - Change your boot animation without flashing or transferring it to system/media or where the animation is stored. Allows you to install animations from an internet collection or pick any bootanimation.zip in your file system.
  • Wifi Tether - Allows you to create a wifi tether from your phone to a laptop, etc.
Good Applications for developers
  • Loggy (root) - Allows you to view logcat for development and error fixing from a browser on your computer.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:43:04 PM by Pacnet2012³ »

My iPod has frozen on the boot screen and I can't restore it from iTunes
Help

If you can, boot into your recovery you should have installed and flash a new ROM. First pull out your battery to turn it off and reinsert it, then boot into recovery. This happened to my Kindle Fire when I flashed Hashcode's jelly bean ROM.

tried this but my sd card's corrupted

If you want me to list my extensions/tweaks, I will. The folders on that bottom row have multiple pages, and I'm using Barrel for swiping effects.
please do

and as much as I like barrel, after I removed it my ipod felt so much faster

Out of interest will jailbreaking unlock the iphone 4?

If not could somebody please link me to a method of doing so, I've seen a few on google but the public response to some of them isn't as high as I would like.
Yes. Jailbreaking mainly depends on what iOS you're running though. If you have 6 or 6.1 just use evasi0n, if you have something older (5.x or 4.x) I suggest greenpois0n

I'm handicapped and thought you were asking if you can jailbreak an iPhone 4 :v

Yeah I don't know much about unlocking but I'm pretty sure with a jailbreak you can unlock it, but just jailbreaking it doesn't unlock it. You have to do it yourself.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:39:15 PM by BanishedLetters »

I'm thinking about jailbreaking but.

From my experience it lowers my battery life, and some friends say it slows down the phone and just forgets it up.

Should I jailbreak?

I'm thinking about jailbreaking but.

From my experience it lowers my battery life, and some friends say it slows down the phone and just forgets it up.

Should I jailbreak?
What are you going to use the jailbreak for?

What are you going to use the jailbreak for?
Customization, Networking tools, etc.

So, a while ago I jailbroke my phone with Redsn0w. But now, I want the untethered jailbreak with Evasi0n. How do I get rid of the Redsn0w one? I really don't want to completely reset my phone to factory settings.

So, a while ago I jailbroke my phone with Redsn0w. But now, I want the untethered jailbreak with Evasi0n. How do I get rid of the Redsn0w one? I really don't want to completely reset my phone to factory settings.
Do the devs give you any way of uninstalling it?

Do the devs give you any way of uninstalling it?
"Restore - Restore to an IPSW, with support for saved blobs and downgrades"
I have no idea what this means.