Blood and gore

Poll

Do blood and gore belong in Blockland?

Yes
97 (42.4%)
No
132 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 229

Author Topic: Blood and gore  (Read 9222 times)

i think it's horrible and i don't want my son seeing that kind of very graphic violence

i think it's horrible and i don't want my son seeing that kind of very graphic violence

Ironic

it'd make a lot more sense if the texture for the blood was changed into 1x1 flat bricks. it would make things comedic again

We need more of the Bold to make this not be a kids game then.
Offline mode initiate.

The blood and gore mod looks pretty stupid. I prefer MLD's death mod.

>Get bug-me-not or some other client sided /mute (should be default)
>Don't join love rps

love RPs are also very stupid and most of the time just a dumb DM or freebuild.

Then this would be a "T" game.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:50:21 AM by Shadowed999 »

True, but it's still pretty out of place. And in a game that attracts 8-10 year olds, it doesn't seem completely appropriate. I just don't think that sort of thing belongs in something like Blockland. If any different kind of death should be implemented, I think it should be one like in the Lego Star Wars games, where the mini-fig falls apart.
I like this

Yeah, It's really stupid to have this gore mod in vanilla blockland. It just doesn't feel right.

should have it. It's a building game with LEGO like bricks for crying out loud, not HALO or CoD. I think Plastiware said it best:

Like CoD (Besides WAW) and Halo had any real gore.

I really don't think blood and gore should be in the game. Especially since on the blockland FAQ it says:
The single player game contains no graphic violence or adult content
(Source)
Or the FAQ page could be changed. Whatever works I guess.

The latest update has made default a feature that some of us, myself included, are uneasy about.  Blood and gore are now officially part of the vanilla Blockland.  Sure, it's only in one gamemode, and only caused by two specific types of death, but the fact remains that players can explode into a shower of blood and leave behind a bloody, limbless, and apparently skinless corpse in the unmodded game.

The question comes to you, Blocklanders.  Do you think this feature of blood and gore enhances the game in some way?  Perhaps you think it's awesome, or even hilarious.  Or is it totally without sense and out of place in a cute, cartoonish, toy-themed game like Blockland?  Perhaps disturbing?  Argue about it and call each other names Discuss.
You can turn it on and off, why are you complaining about it?
EDIT: But still, it should be by defualt turned off, and the FAQ updated.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:59:17 AM by Cassord »

I really don't think blood and gore should be in the game. Especially since on the blockland FAQ it says:(Source)
Or the FAQ page could be changed. Whatever works I guess.
Good catch, you should tell Baddy about that

No, it should not be default. I personally don't care about the mod itself, it's just that its explosions cause lag like nobody's business.