Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 352162 times)

I have an odd request, I'm going to try and send the game to the game grumps as well as other various youtubers.

If anyone could try and make game grump characters in 8x8/the character editor I'd appreciate it. The idea is that if they see themselves in the game they'll be more inclined to play it.
on it.  gonna try to make their characters resemble this kinda stuff

edit:

not very happy with arin's head but forget it

edit: crystalwarrior requested I draw the two more popular Vinesauce richardheads, so

i couldn't decide between the swedish viking hat and the skull hat for joel, so forget you - have both.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:09:57 AM by Cybertails1998 »

Thanks man, those look great.

----

This one I might add a bit more pause on the ??? scroll and ???? potion just to drive the point home a bit easier.

Does anyone here know about how to get a high quality video onto kickstarter? What encoding and resolution to use, it seems like whatever I upload it comes out super low res even though it looks super crisp on my pc.

Put the new rough cut trailer on youtube since kickstarter now won't upload anything at all apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wpcHI_3F5Q&feature=youtu.be

Today I'm going to try and record the early gameplay session with the 3 players + the sleeping guy. Which will be a bit hard since I am just a single human.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:03:45 PM by Rotondo »

Can't find actors? Or use bots?

Can't find actors? Or use bots?

I haven't planned out the scenes yet, and there's still a few visual hitches with clients that I haven't fixed yet.

----

Finished the skining system preview feature thing.

I might have to color shift the mario and zelda parts to make them a little less obvious lol...

Also this was a lot more work than you think since I had to actually make the skins, not hard work but slow sometimes.

Huh? I didn't know about the skinning system
unless you just added it for the trailer idk
looks cool nonetheless

Huh? I didn't know about the skinning system
unless you just added it for the trailer idk
looks cool nonetheless

Yeah I am pretty bad when it comes to keeping a current feature list on the website, the game has had custom skinning for a long time I just never had anything to show it off.

Edit: since you mentioned that I updated the site to show more features off, http://www.odnotor.com/ForgettableDungeon

----

Also, I AM THE CHICKEN GOD.

What if you had chickens that functioned like the friendly flies in binding of isaac

What if you had chickens that functioned like the friendly flies in binding of isaac
I was thinking they could attack enemies that got within their circle

YESSSSSSSS
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU YES

Wow coolio. So is the skin system going to be client based or server based?

probably client-sided

That would be a neat item for sure.

YESSSSSSSS
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU YES

lol, I had a feeling you'd like seeing that feature gif.

Skin system is clientside, so you can have whatever you want without interfering with people.

----

This next gif took a long ass time due to the fact that I had to design a third loving boss lol.

i forgetin love the skeleton cutscene, got those metal gear camera shakes

i forgetin love the skeleton cutscene, got those metal gear camera shakes

yeah this, its so good