Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 346519 times)

I liked the shopkeeper segment lol
amazing
Give us the option to ignore certain player skins from some player menu as well. please?
Yeah this seems reasonable

Give us the option to ignore certain player skins from some player menu as well. please?

Yeah that is definitely planned for later, but thankfully nothing can be made that's too obscene

----

So right now the trailer is mostly complete, you can check out the current version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcuFqem-_0

I've also made some progress on the kickstarter page, the rewards are a bit better explained now and there's some features and stuff on the page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rotondo/255782852?token=0397d323

What's left to do is to make a few more pictures and catchy gifs for the kickstarter page as well make a new press kit for people to download.

Oh and I need to make a really nice Kickstarter preview pic for the video, but yeah things are progressing nicely.

Edit: I might do a test this week to try and iron out the bugs for the kickstarter demo that i'll be sending out so keep an eye out for that, and thanks again everyone for your support.

plz do make a mac port
pls

yes testing yes
pumped
my week will get so much better when we get to test

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

(Brownie points if you get the game I'm referencing)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:02:38 PM by Glass Joe »

i think it'd be cool if there was a huge arena enemy survival endless thing in which you could get achievements for how long you last/how many enemies you kill

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

(Brownie points if you get the game I'm referencing)
super amazing wagon adventure i want my payment in cash please

Possibly this, as I'd like to see the cool skins that people come up with :D

It's not like the model will be an incredibly detailed phallus
Fair enough.

I've had a look at the trailer and the kickstarter page, and they're both looking fab!
I REALLY hope the 25k stretch goal happens, an open world hub would be amazing!

Quote from: Kickstarter Page
Life can be a bit crazy an unpredictable but I will say now that no matter what happens this game is coming out.
Please look both ways before crossing, we all really want this game!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:13:56 PM by Majorth »

I've had a look at the trailer and the kickstarter page, and they're both looking fab!
I REALLY hope the 25k stretch goal happens, an open world hub would be amazing!
Please look both ways before crossing, we all really want this game!

Thanks, yeah that would be neat.

If I have time I'm going to do a few quick mockups of the stretch goals and a few of the reward tiers, like the hall of heroes one.

So the kickstarter is approved, and I can go live when ready, which will probably be next tuesday the 13th.

Most of the page is now filled out the text is almost done, but the images are still placeholder in some places,

Also that page has the updated trailer on it, with sadly stuff quality because kickstarter.

The things I'm still debating are whether or not to include beta/4 packs in everything above the four pack tier. I would think why not but some people may find that strange.

Also debating adding a stretch goal for shaders and fancy visual effects at 50k, but I can always add that later if I make insane bank.

what if i want to have dinner with you rotondo :(

you'd be having dinner with yourself though

we're all creating the forgettable dungeon

the blockland forums is a community

we are familia

You'll make me buy the $24 bundle if you somehow make the beta go right away (like, this month, or next month, just really soon pls), and trust me that's alot of money for me

Boy i do wish i could get the money for this

Honestly I'm still contemplating adding a really high tier price as a joke, dinner with badspot and I in boston or seattle or whenever we manage to be in the same place. As well as a super giant statue in game or some other ridiculous thing.

You'll make me buy the $24 bundle if you somehow make the beta go right away (like, this month, or next month, just really soon pls), and trust me that's alot of money for me

Right now I think realistically I could get the beta going by december, at least two different dungeon themes. I feel I'd need to do it this quick just to make sure the game is functioning properly.

----

Anyway so the trailer is done, final version can be seen on the kickstarter page.

If anyone can go through the kickstarter page and check my spelling and grammar I'd appreciate it, or if anything seems confusing.

Today I'm going to concentrate on making the press kit, and making sure the demo is stable enough to give out to youtubers and what not.

Expect testing tonight if things go right, going to do a small test then a huge test to make sure things work.

Edit: also I tried super hard to get the video to look good on the kickstarter page, I'm still not super satisfied with it though. I feel the edges and stuff could be cleaner but I guess I'll have to settle to linking to the high quality version on youtube.