The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release

Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 345646 times)

That $50,000 stretch goal sounds so amazing.
Yeah, though I won't be too bothered if it doesn't go over $25,000, shadows and "fancy graphics" would be nice, but the open-world hub sounds amazing!

if you're gonna ditch the stretch goals completely if they're not reached, i'm sure everyone here will cry blood

I say with games like this, the stretch goal is more of a "this will be in the release version", and if a stretch goal isn't obtained (but it is something like a new gamemode or some stuff) it should still be worked on to be added later, especially if the game sells well. There is absolutely no point in permanently locking out content from people cause the kickstarter didn't get a stuff ton of cash.

But im sure thats not the case with rotondo, he isn't a starbound dev afterall.

Looks great, Rotondo.

And now that I have a job I can back the game.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:36:19 PM by Taciturn »

Here's to hoping the $1000 backer is a real pledge. It's fairly easy for people to back out or make the pledge using a $20 prepaid Visa. It puts a hold on the card until the charge is denied due to insufficient funds after the campaign is over.

if you're gonna ditch the stretch goals completely if they're not reached, i'm sure everyone here will cry blood

I'm not going to ditch them but they're going to definitely be put on the "if the game sells well on release" list.

Looks great, Rotondo.

And now that I have a job I can back the game.

Thanks I really appreciate it!

Here's to hoping the $1000 backer is a real pledge. It's fairly easy for people to back out or make the pledge using a $20 prepaid Visa. It puts a hold on the card until the charge is denied due to insufficient funds after the campaign is over.

I'm going to stay hopeful, worst case scenario it at least makes the kickstarter look really good lol.

----

Going to hit the 24 hour mark in a bit, hoping that we can reach 3,000 by then.

Edit: What sites do you guys go on to get gaming news? I submitted the game to a bunch already but I honestly don't know what's the hip stuff these days.

Have you talked about your game on reddit?

Yeah pretty much only reddit for me

That said I would imagine it'd be hard to get any traction there for most indie devs. The only ones I see surfacing always have some sort of feel-good story attached, or they're hugely integrated with the community who has been following their story for a loong time.

Have you talked about your game on reddit?

I posted it on r/games and got downvoted at first but then it got some positive attention.

Honestly even a failed post on reddit still gets a lot of views.

Yeah pretty much only reddit for me

That said I would imagine it'd be hard to get any traction there for most indie devs. The only ones I see surfacing always have some sort of feel-good story attached, or they're hugely integrated with the community who has been following their story for a loong time.

I do have the whole "nearly dying" thing, but I want the game to stand on it's own. Not on some story about me.

A youtuber put up a quick preview of the game if you guys want to check it out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OWJJM1NYgU

It's going to be interesting to see how the game performs on other peoples machines, for instance on this guys setup the iris wipe effect doesn't work as well. On top of that for whatever reason the arrow traps and physics don't seem to be working properly.

I can tell it's going to be an interesting ride of bug fixes incoming lol.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:21:31 PM by Rotondo »

I was a little disappointed that he missed the "this"

I was a little disappointed that he missed the "this"

same. He was pretty clueless for a lot of it though. Maybe things need to be explained better. o:

same. He was pretty clueless for a lot of it though. Maybe things need to be explained better. o:
I got to play it for the first time the other day and things were pretty intuitive. I got a good grasp of things even with the hecticness of playing with 3 other people. I watched the video and it looked like he was rushing through to show as much as possible in a short play through, not really dwelling on things or exploring much.

I got to play it for the first time the other day and things were pretty intuitive. I got a good grasp of things even with the hecticness of playing with 3 other people. I watched the video and it looked like he was rushing through to show as much as possible in a short play through, not really dwelling on things or exploring much.

The kickstarter video pretty much explained everything I needed to know to play it.

I was being unnecessarily harsh about it, his video is pretty good. It's very genuine first impression, you can tell he didn't learn everything before playing it like I bet most people would do.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:34:55 AM by Steve5451² »

The kickstarter video pretty much explained everything I needed to know to play it.

I was being unnecessarily harsh about it, his video is pretty good. It's very genuine first impression, you can tell he didn't learn everything before playing it like I bet most people would do.
That's one of the big downsides of a lot of Let's Plays. Quite a few don't take the time to learn how to play the game to begin with, like using a tutorial (if there is one), or just spending 20 minutes playing it before recording.
There are quite a few games that end up looking worse in Let's Plays than they are because the player is confused at first and doesn't play long enough to get a grasp of the controls/mechanics, even if it doesn't take all that long to learn.

Watching someone faff about and be confused when they don't understand the controls can make for a funnier, more entertaining Let's Play. But it doesn't always reflect the game as truthfully as it could.