The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release

Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 345537 times)

I gotta say after having played the game a fair bit my only two real gripes are this:
- Dungeons are way too linear for my liking
- Boss intro music is too quiet and hence not dramatic enough

Letter rearranging is too much fun.

Edit: I just realized the second "u" is really a "w", so it apparently says "forget yow"

since i didn't get an answer in-game (or at least i didn't see it):

edit: found the title screen song from a post on page 6:
http://scene.hyperunknown.net/music/2000/freeman_hates_chip.xm
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:00:53 PM by dargereldren »

I gotta say after having played the game a fair bit my only two real gripes are this:
- Dungeons are way too linear for my liking
- Boss intro music is too quiet and hence not dramatic enough

Dungeons are going to be less linear down the road, right now the generator just makes a single line just to keep it straight forward.

This helps public demos a lot, but it's probably not needed for press demos. Though to be safe I'm going to leave it as is since I don't want to test anymore.

----

Anyway, with the last update things seem to be stable.

I'm going to finish up the press kit and send some stuff out tonight, server is going to be up for a bit more.

server's down now
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:01:54 PM by dargereldren »

Experimented with how the hall of heroes stuff is going to look.

Edit: just in case anyone's not up to speed, this is going to be a kickstarter reward. You back a certain amount of money and you get a character in the game for people to choose, as well as a statue of said character and your name on it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:57:00 PM by Rotondo »

wait are you guys playing now? how?

In the hall of heroes will I be able to pick up the statues and smash them into each other like regular items?

wait are you guys playing now? how?

The past three days I did client only tests, to make sure the build I'm sending out to press was working right.

In the hall of heroes will I be able to pick up the statues and smash them into each other like regular items?

I'm not sure yet, but I'm leaning towards yes, because it'd be hilarious.

oh, and maybe, if you break one of the statues, they turn into a hostile ai that fights in a similar manner to the shopkeeps

oh, and maybe, if you break one of the statues, they turn into a hostile ai that fights in a similar manner to the shopkeeps

That would be super neat, or maybe you could bring the statues to a place and it'd re-animate them. Then people who back could choose a weapon and an alt weapon for that character to use in like a mini arena area when you re-animate them.

Are you going to start using voxels with different sizes?

new demo version leads to 404 page

edit: the older version does this too
what's happening
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:34:47 AM by NumberOneTuxedo »

new demo version leads to 404 page

edit: the older version does this too
what's happening
Rotondo removed the test clients as he has no reason to keep them up.