Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 345522 times)

Not sure yet.

Yeah sometime soon. There's still a few areas I need to fix up before I can make a video.

----

Small update today, I made a post about the sprite system since a few people were wondering how models worked.

Check it out, http://www.odnotor.com/post/48673687813/sprite-system

Is there a size limit to the sprite system?

well he did load in zangief, but I'd assume that eventually he'd probably end up fixing it to be limited.
What would be really cool would be to have a system where the more pixels the sprite has, the more health, and the less movement speed.

Not sure yet.

Yeah sometime soon. There's still a few areas I need to fix up before I can make a video.

----

Small update today, I made a post about the sprite system since a few people were wondering how models worked.

Check it out, http://www.odnotor.com/post/48673687813/sprite-system

http://i.imgur.com/1oBzItP.png

Question time!

• So does this mean we can see other custom skins?
  • Will there be transparency?
  • Will we be able to choose the studs on our players?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:56:38 PM by Fastlex »

Also excuse me for making a request, but can you make it so that there are two images; one for the front and one for the back? I feel like it'd just be weird to have eyes on both sides.

The sprite system is beautiful.

For actual sprites there's a size limit of 16x16.

The zangief you see there was actually loaded with the original prototype sprite object, which is why he lacks a shadow and an overlay texture on the pixels.

Question time!

• So does this mean we can see other custom skins?
  • Will there be transparency?
  • Will we be able to choose the studs on our players?

Yeah you will be able to see each others custom character sprites.

The current system ignores transparency, but this may change in the future.

You can change the studs/pixel bumps for the dungeon and the sprites, but this doesn't transfer over the network.

Also excuse me for making a request, but can you make it so that there are two images; one for the front and one for the back? I feel like it'd just be weird to have eyes on both sides.

I've actually heard this suggestion before, it kind of doesn't work depending on where the eyes are placed on the model. For instance if they're on the side where more than 2 faces are exposed you get a sort of half and half color thing.

----

Thanks for the comments, stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks.

I'm going to whip up some sprites, early.

Will the sprites be animated? Will they hop like before?

Will the sprites be animated? Will they hop like before?

Well I found this .GIF
Quote from: Rotondo

for some reason, i loving love games where you hop when you move
it just looks so cute :)

How come this game looks so amazing?

I don't know why buy I WANT to see the out of place sprites the players will make.
nowucanbdoge
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:33:29 PM by Fastlex »

Not going 16x16?
I also realized...
you can use the cookie.  :cookieMonster:
 :cookie:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:47:03 PM by Fastlex »

I've actually heard this suggestion before, it kind of doesn't work depending on where the eyes are placed on the model. For instance if they're on the side where more than 2 faces are exposed you get a sort of half and half color thing.
Oh I see. That's a shame. Should look fine I guess.