Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 344646 times)

It would be amazing if this game had talents, sort of like Dungeons of Dredmor.

One of the things I liked the most about the old game was that people could and would fill roles; some would be tanks, others would be melee damage, and others would be ranged damage and mobility.
and some people are used to activate traps and die willingly

hah

And other people just stock up on teleports and then teleport everyone at the very start so that someone shows up at the exit

I'm pretty sure that I was one of those people

Will we have some way of detecting traps without any special item or something? Seem's kinda hard when they only show up AFTER you activate them.

It currently requires a special scroll, they are meant to be this unexpected danger.

It would be amazing if this game had talents, sort of like Dungeons of Dredmor.

I'm unsure of adding things like talents or classes that you decide upon before the game starts. It might be interesting if you could pick up a special skill while playing through books or altars though.

----

I did another update on my blog today, this time I talk about charge attacks and some other random things.

http://www.odnotor.com/post/50113174057

We are going to have to buy this game right? If so how much do you think it will be?

I think around 30$ will be the price

I think around 30$ will be the price
he said it wasnt gonna be that much.

I'm unsure of adding things like talents or classes that you decide upon before the game starts. It might be interesting if you could pick up a special skill while playing through books or altars though.

I was thinking on the lines of open skill tree, like you don't pick beforehand, you'd pick whatever you wanted as you went.

So for example there could be a sword skill tree and a bow skill tree and magic skill tree and all the others and I can put points into whatever I want.

There will be no classes in the game, you must use the items/magic you find along the way to traverse things.

oh well okay, that's also fine with me
even better, actually

Will there be a demo so we can try before we buy?

We are going to have to buy this game right? If so how much do you think it will be?

I was thinking around 15 dollars.

I was thinking on the lines of open skill tree, like you don't pick beforehand, you'd pick whatever you wanted as you went.

So for example there could be a sword skill tree and a bow skill tree and magic skill tree and all the others and I can put points into whatever I want.

I'm unsure of something like that as I feel it'd slow the game down having to invest your points whenever you level up.

Will there be a demo so we can try before we buy?

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how the demo will work but there will be one.

----

Since no post is complete without a gif here's how to not do a dash attack.

Lesson learned from this, always double check if the vector you're using is normalized or not.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how the demo will work but there will be one.
Only let the player go a certain distance/through a certain amount of rooms?

I'm unsure of something like that as I feel it'd slow the game down having to invest your points whenever you level up.

True...what about progression like in Runescape, skills that level up upon use?

(Use a sword for a while and naturally your player will be stronger than someone that had a bow and switched to a sword)