Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 345781 times)

Vert... more even field of view.

vertical gives each player almost cabinet-y screen proportions, so i think it works best
everything in the horizontal split seems too small

Would it not be possible for an option to choose which view you want? Some people can be particularly picky with splitscreens (my brother won't even play co-op unless he can get it horizontally split).

Would it not be possible for an option to choose which view you want? Some people can be particularly picky with splitscreens (my brother won't even play co-op unless he can get it horizontally split).

Yeah the option is already in there, but I'm just trying to figure out which should be default for when I show the game at PAX.

Yeah the option is already in there, but I'm just trying to figure out which should be default for when I show the game at PAX.
I'd go for a vertical split then.
Everything is a little bit closer and clearer.
Plus, you'll have your players stood side-by-side, so they know straight away who is on which screen.

Horizontal

or 4 player please. Are you planning on eventually trying to get this on Xbox too because I'd totally buy it and my blockland friends and I could play when they come over

I'd go for a vertical split then.
Everything is a little bit closer and clearer.
Plus, you'll have your players stood side-by-side, so they know straight away who is on which screen.

Yeah good point, I think I'm going to stick to vertical for PAX at least.

or 4 player please. Are you planning on eventually trying to get this on Xbox too because I'd totally buy it and my blockland friends and I could play when they come over

The end goal is 4 player split screen, or depending on how the game goes 4 players sharing a screen.

In the current state of the game the inventory management has been simplified so much that 4 players could share a screen and be fine.

The only problem then is how to convey some of the more advanced information, like shield/strength/hp and what not.

I think I like the vertical one better. It just seems like you get more of the vision that you want.

So most people are saying vertical, and given the fact that people will be standing next to each other vertical wins for PAX.

My new business cards came in the mail today,

I'm actually really surprised how good they came out, I was expecting some unevenness to occur.

Slick and nessy, I like it.  :nes:

Maybe you should've used a blockhead face  :cookieMonster:

Maybe you should've used a blockhead face  :cookieMonster:

He's advertising all of his games with that business card so he can't just show a preference for a specific game, unless that one game is the selling point.

-business snip-
I'm actually really surprised how good they came out, I was expecting some unevenness to occur.
Is there anything on the back, or is the information just one-sided?

OT: They look really kickass.

Glossed over the picture two pages ago, please forgive me.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:13:51 PM by Zack »