Author Topic: The Forgettable Dungeon: Early Access Release  (Read 341614 times)

Aren't you afraid of getting in copyright trouble with Nintendo for using their characters?

Aren't you afraid of getting in copyright trouble with Nintendo for using their characters?

We're talking about the way a mechanic works in Pokemon, not the Pokemon themselves.

Edit: also I hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas update, going to let that rock an extra day because of the weird steam stuff that happened.

Pokemon, only can be used when an enemy is below 45% HP, 5% for a Boss.
What about a really small chance instead of % of hp?
it deals small damage and like 10% chance for normal enemies and like 3% for bosses?

What about a really small chance instead of % of hp?
it deals small damage and like 10% chance for normal enemies and like 3% for bosses?
You already had a slim chance at finding it.

This topic keeps showing up as The Forgettable Dung

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:57:36 PM by Emgiell »

Pokemon, only can be used when an enemy is below 45% HP, 5% for a Boss.
I'd say that it should do damage and when the staff itself gets an enemy to 0 health it meats them, so that you can still meat any enemy with a couple of hits.

This would make killing a boss with it a lot less likely, and when the player does then odds are the staff would have very little energy left afterwards and would explode soon in the next level.

idk just a thought

to go along with the meat staff there should be a Steve Staff that's a big femur with a little talking skull on the top who tells you things about enemies like their favorite foods and personal fears and gives you their current / max HP. if you miss and zap a wall it tells you random useful information or your own favorite food or personal fear

it's named after the annoying talking weapon from dark cloud, and it has limited zaps still for some reason

Any news?

I made progress on the ice world, and some stuff relating to easier networking.

Shortly after I got the stomach flu, so I've been dealing with that the past week.

Current plan is to get out another world into the beta soon with the networking fixes.

to go along with the meat staff there should be a Steve Staff that's a big femur with a little talking skull on the top who tells you things about enemies like their favorite foods and personal fears and gives you their current / max HP. if you miss and zap a wall it tells you random useful information or your own favorite food or personal fear

it's named after the annoying talking weapon from dark cloud, and it has limited zaps still for some reason

That is pretty hilarious, I love the idea of the staff. Definitely going to write that one down.

I wish I played Dark cloud more, I remember receiving the demo disc randomly in the mail from playstation. That was really weird come to think of it.

----

Another thing I need to figure out after I get better is how I'm going to structure updates.

Between Kickstarter backers, emails, blog followers, twitter followers, the subreddit, Blockland posts, and Tig posts. There's a lot of places to update, going to have to figure out a good way to keep people in the loop without going insane.

dark cloud isnt actually worth playing really i just enjoy it and it's sequel from a nostalgic standpoint

like steve is actually really annoying and obnoxious

dark cloud isnt actually worth playing really i just enjoy it and it's sequel from a nostalgic standpoint
I would disagree strongly, I love Dark Cloud. Though that's mostly because I'm a sucker for dungeon crawlers and town building, but still.

dc2 is better but even then dc2 is weird proto dark souls

like its really just that dark souls is dark cloud but with super heavy duty berzerk shonen instead of fun goofy dragon quest shonen, and maybe a better dodge

is it possible to get the beta right now? i really regret not buying it on the kickstarter :(
im sorry rotondo

is it possible to get the beta right now? i really regret not buying it on the kickstarter :(
im sorry rotondo
http://www.odnotor.com/kickstarterpaypal