Author Topic: 2013/03/11 - Blockland r1853  (Read 117190 times)

I managed to get a bot drive around a block. It was fun, but they surely have a lead foot.  An event would be nice later on that makes a bot slow down. Or maybe I just have to tinker with the bot events more.

sorry for my stupidity but im not really understanding how to use bots. can you please show me the events?
sorry if i am bugging or annoying you

Place a blockhead bot and a zombie bot, then start a minigame. They should now do stuff to you and each other.

I managed to get a bot drive around a block. It was fun, but they surely have a lead foot.  An event would be nice later on that makes a bot slow down. Or maybe I just have to tinker with the bot events more.

setRunSpeed will alter their speed, playGesture jump will make them brake.

setRunSpeed will alter their speed, playGesture jump will make them brake.

Awesome! Thanks!

So I had 2 small armies of blockhead bots duel it out, and then suddenly they all started turning into zombies. o-o Is there a way to turn off spontaneous zombification?

So I had 2 small armies of blockhead bots duel it out, and then suddenly they all started turning into zombies. o-o Is there a way to turn off spontaneous zombification?

You're a bit wrong, its when a zombie bot infects a normal blockhead bot, they eventually turn.

But I do agree, is there anyway to turn it off?

Hm... I wonder what r1854 was.

Hm... I wonder what r1854 was.
A revision that wasn't released.
They don't release all their changes in code, just when they don't crash/encounter any noticeable bugs.

the shark will occasionally pull out a hammer and do emotes like the blockhead bot

This needs to be added to the steam greenlight page. I'ma go make a kill the ViBH (Very Idiotic Important Blockhead) gamemode. Where the goal is to kill a blockhead before he finishes walking a path while you also have to avoid other bots that are trying to defend him and kill you.

This needs to be added to the steam greenlight page. I'ma go make a kill the ViBH (Very Idiotic Important Blockhead) gamemode. Where the goal is to kill a blockhead before he finishes walking a path while you also have to avoid other bots that are trying to defend him and kill you.
That sounds awesome! will you release it when its done?

Fixed case where vehicle spawn marker would be created under quota and thus be deleted by cancelevents

Does this fix the vehicle count remaining unchanged when vehicles are cleared?

Fixed case where vehicle spawn marker would be created under quota and thus be deleted by cancelevents

Does this fix the vehicle count remaining unchanged when vehicles are cleared?
I thought that was already fixed?

Also I found out that to make bots drive in a perfectly straight line, just line the waypoints up with the drivers, probably late on this though.

There should be a bot hole that you can place in the ceiling and have bots fall from those holes.

Or give the normal hole the ability to have bots come out from under the hole.

FOV = Stealth Mission gogogo