Author Topic: 2013/03/11 - Blockland r1855  (Read 57090 times)

How does that work?

botreachbrick doesn't make bots go anywhere. That's called after a bot has already moved. He's talking about adding a delay to gotobrick, so that the bot waits a few seconds and then goes to the brick. You can't do that with botreachbrick

Also quad, it seems to be working fine for me. I put in a delay and the bot wanders for about 5 seconds and then heads to the brick. Maybe you have a conflicting add-on? Or maybe you're using Amades botgotobrick

no see what i had it do was jump into a car and head to point a
instead of putting an event on point a (as i dont know how to have it register a car) i made a delay for the car / bot to head to point b after it reach it. it went straight to the second brick

ROBLOX's building system allows it, so why not Blockland? (Then again ROBLOX sucks from all point of views)

gee I dunno maybe because blockland isn't roblox?

just because something works in one game doesn't mean it works in every game. go try to build with bricks in call of duty and tell me how far you get ...

I've noticed the zombie bots have a chance to zombify other non-zombie bots!

Anybody understand what the support file in the bot shark is for? Don't know if I need it in my alligator bot, which is derived from the shark bot scripts. I'm thinking I probably should exclude it, but wanted to be sure.

I knew that at the first 5 mins it was released
also they dont have a chance, they allways do it (ithink)

I've actually played a private server with Kenko and a few of our friends, with zombies and humans roaming, and we had to survive the infection. Turns out zombie bots do infect normal bots. Pretty cool, Badspot!

Anybody understand what the support file in the bot shark is for? Don't know if I need it in my alligator bot, which is derived from the shark bot scripts. I'm thinking I probably should exclude it, but wanted to be sure.
It seems like it's just for the two random datablocks they could have.

If badspot made it possible to move, rotate, and flip bricks.

That would be game changing, AND it would save quite a few datablocks since you wouldn't need 10 different bricks just for fliping it.

I mean hell, if shadows and shaders were possible, why not this?

Brickcount.  A lot more manipulation could be done with bricks in 0002.  The idea is that with a rigid grid and less possible rotations, the game could have more processing power available to get more bricks on the screen.  With rotated bricks, the octree might as well have not been implemented.

Im just having Way too much fun with these bots!

That's cool :o

Also, apparently, When there are multiple sharks, occasionally, When you get bit by one shark, you get passed off to another shark.
We've become trading currency to the sharks.
I've looked at it a bit more, and it seems that when sharks bite you, they will swim away from the other sharks in attempt to keep your corpse away. If a shark holding a corpse touches another shark, that shark will steal it.

I've looked at it a bit more, and it seems that when sharks bite you, they will swim away from the other sharks in attempt to keep your corpse away. If a shark holding a corpse touches another shark, that shark will steal it.
Don't be so pessimistic. According to three minutes of unscientific experimentation, you can be saved if the shark carrying you is killed.

That's loving awesome.

I haven't had a chance to try them out. Can they drive vehicles?

And how much can a server handle before it starts to lag? I remember with ZAPT or Left 4 Block the server would lag if you had too many, which wasn't actually that much.

That's loving awesome.

I haven't had a chance to try them out. Can they drive vehicles?
Yup. You can even get them to drive a pre-defined path with gotobrick and onbotreachbrick.
And how much can a server handle before it starts to lag? I remember with ZAPT or Left 4 Block the server would lag if you had too many, which wasn't actually that much.
idk, but I had 16 bots and 16 botkarts with the Seattle save with hardly any lag, so, I'm guessing a lot.