Author Topic: 2013/03/11 - Blockland r1855  (Read 57077 times)

I've been hosting on blockland for years and my banlist has never exceeded 1 person* at any one time.

just because it doesn't apply to you doesn't mean it isn't needed

It shouldn't apply to anyone

And yet it does. And for people like Tezuni, it'd be really nice. The only reason not to implement it is that it might be difficult to do.

Does the ban list gain a scroll wheel or something? Because i think the only server that would really only exceed 10 people is dedicated servers like Badspot's or Kalphiter's New Years server
My ban list used to be around 40 people...

I'll probably just make an add-on for that or something when I get off this plane for the few people who need it. It doesn't seem that necessary that it should be something default.

How about Badspot adds in a permaban limit so you never reach that point in the first place? Since having over 30 people forever banned from your server is just ridiculous. Along with that a limit would force the host to think over who was more of an idiot and was there ban really worth it?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:50:16 PM by Bester Bageler »

permaban limit
Buy 10 bans for $0.99

>10 idiots join and you ban them
>no bans left
>another one joins and you dont have any money left

Buy 10 bans for $0.99

>10 idiots join and you ban them
>no bans left
>another one joins and you dont have any money left
>Kick them
>Think over what they had done
>Go onto the clear bricks menu and ban the people for various reasons depending on what they did

Also the chance of 10 idiots joining is very slim. The idea of permabanning them all is pointless. You can also kick and normally ban. If you ban a troll from your server for 20 minutes they will get bored of trying to get back in and go somewhere else. I have done this multiple times along with kicking the players and it normally works.

>Kick them
>Go onto the clear bricks menu and ban the people for various reasons depending on what they did

Also the chance of 10 idiots joining is very slim. The idea of permabanning them all is pointless. You can also kick and normally ban. If you ban a troll from your server for 20 minutes they will get bored of trying to get back in and go somewhere else. I have done this multiple times along with kicking the players and it normally works.
Anything is possible. Limiting permabans is the most useless solution to a nonexistant problem that I have ever heard.

having somebody forever banned from your server is just ridiculous

I usually just hit that perma ban button because it is faster than thinking about how long to ban that guy - and as soon as they send me a rtb message about being unfair banned I just remove it

much less work

I usually just hit that perma ban button because it is faster than thinking about how long to ban that guy - and as soon as they send me a rtb message about being unfair banned I just remove it

much less work
I usually unban people but if I get an RTB message I don't unban them lol.  Unless you were legitimately unfairly banned you have no right to bother the person who banned you on RTB..

>Kick them

... what.

my ASS it is i ban like 10 people in one go. most of them ARE perma, because lord knows i don't wanna deal with having to judge them again. i'll unban them if i see them on a DIFFERENT server and they're NOT acting like a douche, but that's different

are you guys seriously discussing a ban limit? is this seriously happening?

seriously if you ever wanted to host a server, you'd practically have to go out, pay badspot 30 bucks to load up on perma bans, and hope that people are mature enough (and they aren't) for your ban supply to hold out as long as you're hosting whatever it is that you find appealing. and, because of that, you'll be silently stressed about the idea that maybe your ban supply DOESN'T hold up and you have a few extra idiots who drop onto the server that you can't deal with because you're OUT OF BANS that you wouldn't even able to enjoy the server that you just paid good money to ensure could exist (temporarily, at least) and suddenly you've spent 30 bucks on a fat load of nothing and won't spend that 30 bucks again (or any iteration thereof) because you know that this entire thing will just happen again, regardless of how much money you sink, because the internet is stupid and will literally go out of it's way to make sure your server is as much of a hellhole as humanly possible if you don't do something about it

like, put it this way. the police are only allowed to jail 10 people a day. what happens AFTER the 10 people are jailed? anarchy? riots in the streets? they can't do stuff NOW, might as well make the best of it and start stealing tvs or something
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:02:01 AM by Bushido »