Author Topic: Blockland: Source  (Read 58058 times)

This should really be in Drama now, I also noticed
Blockland: Source
The name for this game may have to change!
www.blocklandsource.com

SigFig sent this to Lego

First of all, I would like to tell all you guys over at Lego Univers, Hi!
I am a developer over at Ion Studios (Our company, we are just getting started), and I am in charge of a project called Blockland: Source. I'm sure you've heard of Blockland by now, and I can understand if you don't like it. At all. Coming from the bad reputation of the original Blockland, we are not starting from the easiest position. The original Blockland creator, a developer known as "Badspot", did not clear this game with you, and is breaking a number of your copywrights as far as I can tell. I am not involved with this person, I am infact against him currently. He is not too supportive of me and my staff, and is threating to sue me when we at Ion decide to realese our game. He has no right, and if he sues, I can point out a number of laws broken by him. My game is not in any way illegal, and I hope you will be supportive of it.
Seeing as you will be our top competitor, I welcome you to a friendly competition. I am hoping to clear all meterial in this game with you, but I still want this to be an Ion project. I am not asking for help, I am just asking for you to tell me if you're not OK with this.
Good luck, and may the best game win! [<:0)] (Don't worry, I am not the kind of person to do anything against you [biggrin.gif] )

Purely conceptual, no skill to carry things out.

Who is scatcat? I think its someone from these forums, they registered today and filled in the "I play retail" option.

And no one could have called someone a Dutchbag on accident, no matter how bad their typing skills were. :cookieMonster:

Some major things that this guy is doing is... First stealing Blocklands name... Second
My game is not in any way illegal
quite the opposite... 3rd
"Badspot", did not clear this game with you
didn't they call him?

He is not too supportive of me and my staff, and is threating to sue me when we at Ion decide to realese our game. He has no right, and if he sues, I can point out a number of laws broken by him.
I'm pretty sure this is slander, but I'm also sure that whoever receives the letter will delete before reaching that part.

Psst, I'm scatcat
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 06:26:21 PM by Linde »

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 06:23:13 PM by Wedge »

LOL! at edit, also, I'm banned for cursing off a mod, see if they deleted my post under Likes and Dislikes

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Oct 12 2007, 07:29 PM.

Yaaaaay

and is breaking a number of your copywrights as far as I can tell.
Seems as if he can't tell so very well, he can't even spell it properly.
This game will be such an epic failure, and Badspot can single handedly sue these guys, no need for a lawyer  :cookieMonster:

you guys are so lame why do you play rePHAIL you should wait for this its a real game unlyke that sh***t baldsport is crapping in his toilet ring

////////scatcat out\\\\\\\\\\

very nice guys, quoting topics from my forums! I'm impressed, but its not good enough. If you really want to get around me, you must attack me at my knees. Basically, my weakness, is when you get my panel of consultants out of the picture. in reality, thats not going to happen! so say all you want about me, my team, my forums, my community, my FRIENDS, but i promise that you will fall behind.

and remember this, YOU WERE ALL RTBers ONE! YOU ALL PLAYED, IT IS A PART OF YOU! now because this "retail" version came out, you consider us outcasts? WE ARE HERE, WE ARE MAKING A STAND! WE REFUSE TO DIE AND NOTHING YOU CAN DO WILL MAKE US! you fight with Ion Studios as much as you want, but for every step you have, i have 2 more to take ur asses out! get that through you thick skull, and i welcome any competitors! because i will drag ur ass 6 feet under where its cold, dark, and glumy because ive got the smarts, and the people. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND ACT LIKE A MATURE HUMAN BEING! LEARN TO COMPRIMISE!

Tell Badspot I'll be in contact with him, very soon. Very soon indeed.

We are always watching...

wtf EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT rtb???!?!?!?