Nations at War - Closing Time!

Poll

How many pages will this thread have when it finally dies?

Current Page
274-300
301-500
501-1000
1000+
Die?  Ha!
Voter is lame.

Author Topic: Nations at War - Closing Time!  (Read 204474 times)

Whatever, is the difference of a few pixels won't make a huge deal?  I take it you have a specific island in mind?

Also, world decision: should we temporarily ban gifting large amounts of land upon quitting (Around anything over 1/3 of the landmass of any given nation)?

I can kinda agree with that.  I think they should be able to gift half of their land and the rest stays permanently open to incoming nations.

Something along the coast, ⅔s up along the coast or somewhere in that neighborhood, with the claim on the northwest side of the island.  I would edit it myself if I had my computer, but I think you can manage just fine.

I agree with the land provision ban indeed.

I would like to suggest the date system to be divided up into date year, and tech year.
For instance:  Date year:  2124 (probably in this neighborhood, right?). Tech year: 2015.

Freedom parties in W. Erinaum protest UOU rule and wish to become an independent republic.

Somewhere in my posts is the place where I say the tech year stays at 2015, if I could find it we'd have a more accurate date.  I like your idea about breaking up the year system for now, but I think that the tech ceiling may be eliminated depending on future events/opinions/&c (Whether or not it will revitalize the RP to any noteworthy extent).

The TPSP begins drafting plans for a Mars Base similar to the TPSP Moon Base, and the expansion of the Moon Base for various purposes including long term living quarters.  Plans are also drafted to revamp the TPSP Space Station.

Add poll option for 1 & 2 and I'll vote.

I think the tech limit ceiling is halting the activity.

I think we need a better system for warfare before we decide to open up land to be fought over.

Edit: In regards to the riots, the loud but few in number protestors are offered free passage to E. Erinaum if they so choose.  A small number accept the offer, but most realize that things are just as good here as they would be anywhere else.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:07:21 AM by SirLancelot7 »

The rioters refuse, as they had requested an independent republic since the split between the two polar sides.  Also, it wasn't a few.  A majority of the nation wanted to be independent, but about 75% of them are content with UOU rule, with 40% of that group preferring independent rule.  The other 25% wishes to be independent W. Erinaum.

Plethora, was the tech freeze before PEMU was founded?  Or rather, what was the starting year, if you can recall, because from that we can easily determine the year.

E. Erinaum begins launching a number of rockets to the moon in order to create a research base.  The first one lands, and the Erinamese flag is planted.  The base is set up, containing only living quarters, simple facilities, a supply shed and an airlock.  "We claim this land for Spain!"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:12:37 AM by SWAT One »

Umm.. the question is what is their motivation for rioting?  UoU has one of the happiest and most content population there is.  It is not like our government is terrorizing the people.

Most people agree, but a considerable portion would rather live in an independent W. Erinaum, and an even smaller portion of about 57.1 million are angry that UOU ignored W. Erinaum's request to become an independent republic.

To answer your question, UOU rolled right over them when they requested independence.
W. Erinaum wishes to found an independant republic, and strip the nobility of their titles.
W Erinaum will become officially and entirely a part of UoU (but that territory area will always be referred to as West Erinaum, as a geographic identifier).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:02:42 PM by SWAT One »

That was during a time when I had absolutely no idea what was going on, so I didn't really post.

It's not like W Erinaim could be an independent republic anyway, someone has to run it

I was implying that I would, but W. Erinaum doesn't like E. Erinaum, even though E. Erinaum still wants to be friends.  Long story short, they just don't agree.

Well it is too late for that, if they became W Erinaum, then their would be even more riots petitioning for the UoU government to come back.

A majority of the nation wanted to be independent, but about 75% of them are content with UOU rule, with 40% of that group preferring independent rule.  The other 25% wishes to be independent W. Erinaum.
75% are content, but 40% of that group would prefer W. Erinamese rule.  25% want an independent W. Erinaum.

(0.75 × 0.4) +0.25 = 0.55, so 55% want to belong to W. Erinaum, and the other 45% is either pro-UOU or neutral.  If the remaining group was divided into thirds, you'd have likely ⅔ UoU, and ⅓ neutral.  This would result in 30% pro-UOU and 15% neutral.

I'm also certain that natural UOU citizens had settled in anyways, likely contributing a large amount of that group's opinion to the pro-UOU rule, so the poll would not render purely former W. Erinamese citizens.

Umm.. the question is what is their motivation for rioting?  UoU has one of the happiest and most content population there is.  It is not like our government is terrorizing the people.
Yaslovakians in the taken-over territory still show quite the discontent by not being in actual yaslovakian territory and most aren't really willing to leave their homes.

Even after the war all these years, there are reports of rogue soldiers in weathered or torn up uniforms roaming the woods and doing what they can to survive.

Some crops are stolen, as well as cattle. A dead body is found on the ditch of a road, seeming to have been a Yaslovakian who agreed completely with the occupation of Yaslovakia by multiple countries covered in a flag with the iron cross on it with a small sign hung around his neck with the word "Traitor" on it.

Note:
W. Erinaum wants nothing to do with E. Erinaum because of what they call the misrule of Erinaum that led W. Erinaum into what they call a pointless war.  They want to return land that had been conquered by Erinaum back to either UOU or Yaslovakia.
W. Erinaum has nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:32:35 PM by SWAT One »

Slevokxia begins multiple satellite launches.