Author Topic: 2013/08/28 - Blockland has been greenlit!  (Read 103333 times)

i'd personally love an opt in voice chat setting
I'm afraid of what family RP's would sound like

then dont go to them.

then dont go to them.
I'd be more amused of seeing what it would sound like

implying that all players have microphones, and want to use voice chat

No. What I meant that the Steam application itself has voice chat. When you're in a Steam chat with someone you can use voice chat. If you're playing with friends you can all go into a group chat.
That wasn't related to my question then.

The only thing I want in blockland is voice chat with the ability to mute peoples chat and voice.

Knowing most of the community's attitude in-game, voice chat is a horrible loving idea.

There's no point in even discussing the possibility. Voice chat will never happen; it's a stuffty idea, we don't need it, and we'd be better off without it.

There's no point in even discussing the possibility. Voice chat will never happen; it's a stuffty idea, we don't need it, and we'd be better off without it.
what would actually be the downside of having an opt in system?

There's a point in discussing the possibility. Voice chat could possibly happen; it's a good idea, we could use it, and we'd benefit from it.

=D I hope more updates are coming :D

what would actually be the downside of having an opt in system?
Development time being spent on something which, again, already exists in systems outside of Blockland which work perfectly well and better than anything that could be implemented in-game. This is what I'm trying to emphasize here.

Development time being spent on something which, again, already exists in systems outside of Blockland which work perfectly well and better than anything that could be implemented in-game. This is what I'm trying to emphasize here.
that's true of almost any game

it would be way more convenient to have it in-house and would be a great sale point imo. by all means, work on the critical stuff first, but i dont see it as a stuffty idea just because it already exists externally

that's true of almost any game
And in said games, I bet you 9 times out of 10 the voice chat support is stuff compared to using something like skype.

it would be way more convenient to have it in-house and would be a great sale point imo. by all means, work on the critical stuff first, but i dont see it as a stuffty idea just because it already exists externally
It's not just because it exists externally, although that is most of the reason why. It's because we literally don't need it at all, and it would be a waste of time for the developers to implement something that wouldn't even work that well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:57:18 PM by Kingdaro »