2013/08/28 - Blockland has been greenlit!

Author Topic: 2013/08/28 - Blockland has been greenlit!  (Read 103930 times)

It's not just because it exists externally, although that is most of the reason why. It's because we literally don't need it at all, and it would be a waste of time for the developers to implement something that wouldn't even work that well.
need is a bit of a hilarious term to use in this case. what do we actually need?

i would use it to no end, as i'm sure many users would. it's more convenient than having to get skype names and set up calls, and no one is disputing the quality shortfall - that's expected and a trade-off i'm sure anyone would make. i have no doubt it's something badspot wouldn't even consider but i still dont think it's a stuffty idea purely based on what you're saying

Development time being spent on something which, again, already exists in systems outside of Blockland which work perfectly well and better than anything that could be implemented in-game. This is what I'm trying to emphasize here.
Yeah, better than anything implemented in game like adding people in other applications, using other apps to mute, and the chat disappearing when the host leaves!

internal voice chat would be incredible for RP's. there's so much stuff we could do with an internal voice chat that we can't do with skype. if you used skype, everyone who joined the server would have to friend you(?) on skype and get into the call and stuff and, well, nobody would forgetin' do it lol

[img ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/happydog.gif[/img]

Yay!
Late?

Wooooo!!!!!! blockland has been greenlit
 :cookie:

I think that voice chat should work like the trust system.  Only those who approve it can communicate with them.

NOT SAYING that it should work WITH the trust system, because that could be abusable, but to integrate a similar system would be good for choosing when to and when not to talk to people.  Additionally, it would be nice to have a multi-select system on all the players on the server so that invites can be sent out in one batch.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:24:07 PM by SWAT One »

IMO voice chat would ruin BL

IMO voice chat would ruin BL
an opt-in voice chat system would ruin it?

how exactly will it do that

the only people that dont want voice-chat are the 11-13 year olds who are embarrassed of their voice. if you've noticed, people who are arguing that blockland should have voicechat have lower BL_IDs than the ones that are saying we shouldn't have it.

if you dont want it because you don't like your voice: either grow some balls or dont use the voice chat system. simple as that.

the only people that dont want voice-chat are the 11-13 year olds who are embarrassed of their voice. if you've noticed, people who are arguing that blockland should have voicechat have lower BL_IDs than the ones that are saying we shouldn't have it.

if you dont want it because you don't like your voice: either grow some balls or dont use the voice chat system. simple as that.
completely wrong and irrelevant.

blockland having voice chat would be exactly the same as garry's mod having voice chat

terrible servers would have terrible people

i dont get it. you would have a mute function in the F2 menu. and admins could global mute people. i don't see a single problem with voice chat

Now that we are greenlit, can vehicle physics be fixed? :D