Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120076 times)

Yeah, I meant I was planning on removing it lol. We'll see; I may add support for a custom player inventory size in addition to the backpacks.
I knew it. the feature makes some sense since some RPGs don't have backpacks.

What I though of was that you could keep the feature, but there would these tick boxes that youi can use to set the size of "backpack" players will have.

Do you have an ETA date for V5 yet?
Not yet, but I'm hoping to have the public beta ready within a few weeks at most. A lot of the features are mostly done, it just all depends on any issues I run into along the way and how many things will be added. Here's my progress thus far, just to give an idea:

Backpack / Small Container Support - Mostly done, just need to fix some bugs and finish the models.
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting Support - Basically done.
Item Swapping, Transferring, Auto-Stacking and Dropping - Done. Also added a toggle option for allowing stacking of items.
Auto-Sorting - About 80-90% complete.
Crafting and Forming - Basically finished, just need to add support for shapeless crafting, add the final recipes and include recipe management (drafting).
Encumbrance - About 95% finished.
Item Durability and Degradation - Finished.
Locks, Keys and Lock-Picking - Finished, just need to model the final items.
Furnace and Crucible - The furnace is finished, the crucible is about 50% complete.

Anvil / Item Modding - About 10% complete.
Loot Events and Shop Support / Currency - Not started.
Hunger, Thirst and Ailments - Not started (optional).
Desk and Display Bricks - Not started.
Final Sounds and Animations - Not started (optional).
Armor Support - Not started (optional).
Vehicle Storage - Not started, but fairly easy to add.
Settings Management GUI - Not started, but loading custom settings for items is working.
Personal Inventory Option (?) and Crafting Window - Not started.

I knew it. the feature makes some sense since some RPGs don't have backpacks.

What I though of was that you could keep the feature, but there would these tick boxes that youi can use to set the size of "backpack" players will have.

Oh, you mean for the text-based backpack. If that feature would be useful then I can include it again for v5. I'm just concerned it may somewhat over-complicate the add-on, which was a problem I ran into in v4. It might be better to add a separate, server-based add-on for that instead.

Oh, you mean for the text-based backpack. (V4) If that feature would be useful then I can include it again for v5. I'm just concerned it may somewhat over-complicate the add-on, which was a problem I ran into in v4. It might be better to add a separate, server-based add-on for that instead.
If I were you, I'd just stick with the server add-on, in case people want that feature for some reason.

If I were you, I'd just stick with the server add-on, in case people want that feature for some reason.
A separate server-sided add-no would be quite easy to make; maybe I could start on it after RPGx is finished.

Btw, shapeless crafting has been added! Also made some progress with the Drafting Table GUI, which allows you to list, delete or create custom recipes (even custom alloys for the crucible):

The final, default recipes will be added later on.

A separate server-sided add-no would be quite easy to make; maybe I could start on it after RPGx is finished.

Btw, shapeless crafting has been added! Also made some progress with the Drafting Table GUI, which allows you to list, delete or create custom recipes (even custom alloys for the crucible):

-double snip-
The final, default recipes will be added later on.

Fine with me.

Super useful!

Can ye realease it already or tell us release date

or, you could wait till he finishes it, i'm sure there's still plenty to add/fix. just chill out for a bit.

I have had so much success with this add-on, so have a cookie.  :cookie:

Also, I am very thirsty for more updates, I'm like one of those idiots
who likes something like coupons even when they say 2% off. Juicy updates, I see.

Will you fix the bug where it breaks death messages in v5?

Will you fix the bug where it breaks death messages in v5?
Yes, I have a lot more experience within packaging functions this time around, so the issues from the past version shouldn't be a problem in v5.

There's still quite a bit to do, but a public beta is planned in the near future.

More progress being made! Vehicle storage has been added, as per request. Vehicle inventories work basically the same way as brick inventories - they can be viewed by multiple players at once and can even be locked. The inventories will be saved just as long as the vehicle doesn't get destroyed or is changed to a new vehicle type. The size of each vehicle's inventory is relative to the size of the vehicle itself.

In order to avoid interfering with being able to push objects out of the way, the storage inventory of a vehicle can be accessed by using one of the key items on a vehicle.

Display bricks have also been added, and are close to being done. Display cases and the cabinet allow you to show off loot and other valuables, while still storing them in a secure way. Items spawned within displays can't be picked up, and are automatically resized to fit within the display area. You'll also be able to easily rotate items within the GUI, to position them to your liking.

Items are added automatically upon moving an item into the inventory, or when loading display bricks from saves. If one of the bricks are destroyed, the item will drop as a normal object you can pick up (however, I'll probably add a toggle option later to prevent hammering RPGx bricks). Make sure to keep your cases locked to deter would-be thieves!

this is some A+ stuff my friend keep it up proud of you

This is some god-tier type coding that'll most definitely be used just as much as add-ons such as JVS was.

Do you have an estimated release date when V5 is going to come out?