Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120869 times)

ho stuff its happening
Do you have an estimated release date when V5 is going to come out?
it will be released when its done

bumping to keep replies alive.

I think I may have stuff bricks after looking at the different backpacks.

This looks like zombie-server quality stuff right here!

I think I may have stuff bricks after looking at the different backpacks.

There should be about 8-9 backpack types total once it's finished. :) It'll be perfect for zombie games, Day-Z servers, standard RPGs, etc.

Do you have an estimated release date when V5 is going to come out?
No release date just yet, but I would like to get a public beta out within the next 2-3 weeks. At this point there's only a few things left to add / finish, so development is starting to come to a close.

this is some A+ stuff my friend keep it up proud of you
This is some God-tier type coding that'll most definitely be used just as much as add-ons such as JVS was.
These look great.
Thanks guys! I'm hoping the update will add some much-needed functionality to the game and especially for allowing new, creative gamemodes.

I can start hosting again once more high quality addons (prefer weapons) come out.

I just noticed that the only downside to v5 is that I may have to disable a lot of addons because my game crashes within a certain amount of datablocks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:35:33 PM by Ryan Crowlife »

I have a few personal requests to make for the upcoming V5:
  • First is the All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment (ALICE). Here's a picture:

• Another thing is a pref-like-thing to increase the amount of time a dropped item stays dropped. Sorry if something like this already exists.
  • Safe: A safe brick with a [special?] combination lock that can store items. Why have this be a separate brick? Uh... the special lock...?

I'm pretty sure there were other things I wanted, so I'll tell you if I can remember what they are.

Can I possibly test this?

Aka just hosting my server with these and wait for people to complain about problems with it so I can report it to you

Aka just hosting my server with these and wait for people to complain about problems with it so I can report it to you

I would also like to help out by testing these out as well.

I have a few personal requests to make for the upcoming V5:
  • First is the All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment (ALICE). Here's a picture:

• Another thing is a pref-like-thing to increase the amount of time a dropped item stays dropped. Sorry if something like this already exists.
  • Safe: A safe brick with a [special?] combination lock that can store items. Why have this be a separate brick? Uh... the special lock...?

I'm pretty sure there were other things I wanted, so I'll tell you if I can remember what they are.
Sure, an ALICE pack can be added. I was thinking of keeping it medieval themed, but a config file might be included - which will allow the host to toggle which bricks, items and other objects they want to enable, giving them the option of modifying the add-on to what their server requires. I'm not sure if it's possible to change how long items are present before being removed (once dropped), but a safe brick could probably be added in a following update.

I would also like to help out by testing these out as well.
I don't have a list of testers yet, but I'll make sure you both get to test once the beta is ready. I'm hoping to at least finish the recipe management GUI, the crucible and to include some other small additions before the beta is released.

May I be a tester also?
I'm planning to use this a lot in my project

I'd like to be a beta tester as well, considering this addon encourages me to make a project using it...

I can beta test too if you want. feel free to pm me the beta because I only have like 1 msg

May I be a tester also?
I'm planning to use this a lot in my project
I'd like to be a beta tester as well, considering this addon encourages me to make a project using it...
I can beta test too if you want. feel free to pm me the beta because I only have like 1 msg
Actually, I'm planning on releasing the beta / alpha publicly for testing, so everyone will get an opportunity to try it. :)

Btw, Shift-Clicking has been added! This feature will allow you to easily transfer a stack of items either between your player inventory and any containers you're carrying, or between your player inventory / containers and a brick or vehicle inventory you are also viewing. To use this feature, all you have to do is hold down the left shift key and then click on a stack of items you wish to transfer. Items will automatically be sorted into stacks of a similar item, or in the next available empty slot.

Crate brick models have also been added; they are unique to some of the other storage bricks as they will require a crowbar item in order to access them (the models for the crates will be improved before release).

I have a couple safe bricks already made; they're door bricks. I made them as a commission but im sure i can get permission to send them over to you if you do end up doing safe and safe combinations.

You can check them out on my commission topic in gen disc

Sure, an ALICE pack can be added. I was thinking of keeping it medieval themed, but a config file might be included - which will allow the host to toggle which bricks, items and other objects they want to enable, giving them the option of modifying the add-on to what their server requires. I'm not sure if it's possible to change how long items are present before being removed (once dropped), but a safe brick could probably be added in a following update.
I don't have a list of testers yet, but I'll make sure you both get to test once the beta is ready. I'm hoping to at least finish the recipe management GUI, the crucible and to include some other small additions before the beta is released.
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to using V5 in my military-themed RP servers, so an ALICE will be nice.

Can't wait for the alpha/beta!