Author Topic: Spade's Arcade #7 - [WELCOME ALL]  (Read 21444 times)

Pay attention to the area in red. I hate how the floor and the lower walls of this place are so beautiful but no work is put in above that. The idea it seems for this is the height of the taller arcade games and the second floor windows. The arcade games never get that tall though since the pits and the ones a lot taller than that are normally really bad simple evented ones that don't get put in so there is one less reason for the height. The upper floor windows could be worked into a upper wall area so that should be finished. If the arcade really needs to be so tall a second floor area could be put in with ledges and balconies and more arcade game spaces. If the reason its so tall is for the exterior that's a terrible reason since its always under-detailed. If the reason is for the Christmas tree as said before it shouldn't be to hard to make it more detailed a bit up.

For the 7th Spade's Arcade server I would like to see a finished roof/walls. 

Also, Why should you be holding a grudge for literally a year. Spade looked at it and liked it but he looked at the eventing and saw that you used very basic events and made only 3 or so fortunes. I came over and thought it looked cool and he asked if I could make a better one. I said sure but it would take a while. So I did. I wouldn't want to let Spade down. Also yours didn't give a random fortune. It was fixed to be in a loop. I made rarities on mine. like one fortune has a 0.5% chance, one have 1% chance, Etc. So clearly you and your friend were on to something but you didn't have enough skill to make it great. Also I made a hidden message in mine saying it was your idea. I didn't know what your friends name was so I just put your name.
actually, yes; it was in the arcade (thanks to jam jar ;)), but you removed and made your '4chance' game or whatever it was called in the exact spot it was in.

Pay attention to the area in red. I hate how the floor and the lower walls of this place are so beautiful but no work is put in above that. The idea it seems for this is the height of the taller arcade games and the second floor windows. The arcade games never get that tall though since the pits and the ones a lot taller than that are normally really bad simple evented ones that don't get put in so there is one less reason for the height. The upper floor windows could be worked into a upper wall area so that should be finished. If the arcade really needs to be so tall a second floor area could be put in with ledges and balconies and more arcade game spaces. If the reason its so tall is for the exterior that's a terrible reason since its always under-detailed. If the reason is for the Christmas tree as said before it shouldn't be to hard to make it more detailed a bit up.

For the 7th Spade's Arcade server I would like to see a finished roof/walls. 

well its in development...

lovey windows.
I really like the idea of a second floor with balcony's, imagine a big chandelier in the middle or even a super tall christmas tree in the middle that can be viewed by either floor.

ANT and Jam Jar have actually made specifically sure that the exterior part that is made of cubes looks very good in contrast to the built up area this time around.

well its in development...
You don't understand, they have never done it. They have always done this lower area like there doing now and leave it at that. I would like to see a finished interior for once.

The reason for it is because of brick count. We want to try and start with as low of a brick count as we can get while still achieving the atmosphere that we want! We have to compromise and put the detail in the parts that get looked at the most and are interacted with more, in this case the walls immediately around you and the ground you're on, not the higher walls and ceiling.

Talking of the building though, it's almost complete; Just the last few finishing touches need to be made! Once that is complete we will finish off the games and start moving them inside.
10 days to go everyone! The day is getting ever closer and we hope that you're all just as excited as we are :D

yay, can I make a game once the server is open?

Speaking of brickcount, that's why I rather would have liked a different style this year. Something modern and more plain but still satisfactory. Obviously it would be less bricks and also cover all the walls and not just the ground floor.

*Bump*
Cause this Post Deserves it.

IMO a good arcade server is the best Blockland server.

omfg yes

how could i have missed this before

We are really sorry about this, but we are having to delay the arcade by a week.
Two people that were suppose to be helping us complete stuff either decided to disappear or they finished their work and left with it. Over this week we are going to try and fill what they took with them.
We don't want to open the arcade yet without everything intended in it! It will be better if the full thing is released rather than in small packets!

I don't think anyone has a problem with that, take as much time as you need babe

I don't think anyone has a problem with that, take as much time as you need babe
took the words right out of my mouth

take as much time as you want