Spade's Arcade #7 - [WELCOME ALL]

Author Topic: Spade's Arcade #7 - [WELCOME ALL]  (Read 21498 times)

I think the problem has been resolved. RTB chat is back up, and as far as I can tell so are the servers. However you might need to restart them for it to show on the master server list.
Thats good.

:(
last year sentry removed the game me and prayze worked so hard because "he could totally make a better one". we worked so hard to get it in the arcade (where it was for about 1 hour) until sentry removed it. :|

last year sentry removed the game me and prayze worked so hard because "he could totally make a better one". we worked so hard to get it in the arcade (where it was for about 1 hour) until sentry removed it. :|
yeah okay so i typed a paragraph and then i typed another two so this ended up becoming a bit of a rant. whoops.

tbh i was not a fan of sentry being an administrator/moderator on spade's last year.
he would jet around and for the most part ignored anything people said to him, unless it was one of the admins of course. he'd stand still in random places inside the building and act as if he was afk, but if anyone actually found a pretty important question to ask him he'd suddenly be right there to answer it.

i also found that pretty much every time i passed by the four digit slot machine he would be there along with whoever else was; and if he wasn't, i would sit down to use it and he'd pop out of nowhere and press the lever whenever i made an attempt to; seemed pretty purposeful and i know it happened a good three or four times. similarly, he'd be in some sort of afk-looking posture and then abruptly jump to life to come over and bug anyone at that machine.

maybe this was all the wrong place at the wrong time, but never once did i see him actually helping administratively. when people pushed other players' buttons in jam's blimp game, he hardly turned his head to look at it. when people were interfering with each others' buildings outside, he never said a word. he always seemed very robotic, unwilling to start conversations and barely a problem-solver. he just sat and filled the winners board for that slot machine game.

yeah okay so i typed a paragraph and then i typed another two so this ended up becoming a bit of a rant. whoops.

tbh i was not a fan of sentry being an administrator/moderator on spade's last year.
he would jet around and for the most part ignored anything people said to him, unless it was one of the admins of course. he'd stand still in random places inside the building and act as if he was afk, but if anyone actually found a pretty important question to ask him he'd suddenly be right there to answer it.

i also found that pretty much every time i passed by the four digit slot machine he would be there along with whoever else was; and if he wasn't, i would sit down to use it and he'd pop out of nowhere and press the lever whenever i made an attempt to; seemed pretty purposeful and i know it happened a good three or four times. similarly, he'd be in some sort of afk-looking posture and then abruptly jump to life to come over and bug anyone at that machine.

maybe this was all the wrong place at the wrong time, but never once did i see him actually helping administratively. when people pushed other players' buttons in jam's blimp game, he hardly turned his head to look at it. when people were interfering with each others' buildings outside, he never said a word. he always seemed very robotic, unwilling to start conversations and barely a problem-solver. he just sat and filled the winners board for that slot machine game.
I have no problem not being an admin on the server. It's ANT, Jam Jar, Spade, And Christbot6's choices. Spade told me to delete the game and make a better one. He liked the idea but Cooperduper didn't have enough skill in events to make it work well. I didn't delete it because it was never put into the arcade. It was still outside the arcade and I made a better one with a different name. Also The reason I would stand in 1 spot all the time as if I was afk is because I tend to be really busy. You shouldn't be ridiculing me for having a tight schedule and not being active on the server. The reason I stayed at the slots was because I liked the eventing behind it and thought it was really fun. I can agree that I took it out of hand and went crazy with it but you can't hate on me for having fun with a slot machine.

:(
Also, Why should you be holding a grudge for literally a year. Spade looked at it and liked it but he looked at the eventing and saw that you used very basic events and made only 3 or so fortunes. I came over and thought it looked cool and he asked if I could make a better one. I said sure but it would take a while. So I did. I wouldn't want to let Spade down. Also yours didn't give a random fortune. It was fixed to be in a loop. I made rarities on mine. like one fortune has a 0.5% chance, one have 1% chance, Etc. So clearly you and your friend were on to something but you didn't have enough skill to make it great. Also I made a hidden message in mine saying it was your idea. I didn't know what your friends name was so I just put your name.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:19:59 PM by Sentry »

-snip-
-snip-

Calm your tits. People will always dislike things that you do... You just need to deal with it ;-;

On a brighter note, the building is coming along well for the Arcade! I think we are almost there! The last step is to build up our selection of games for all of you to play. If anyone has games that they already have and would like to submit, then message one of us and we will all take a look.
Remember, you don't need to rush making it. We would like to see some real quality stuff come out of the community this year. We know you've all got it in you c:

Calm your tits
ok :c I was just trying to clear things up.

you know
if spade is called spade why have i yet to see a poker arcade game in this server?
if any of you guys ever decide to start working on some card-related games don't hesitate to tell me about it, i would love to make something.

You wanted a card game? Here ya go:

A little birdy told me you'd have holograms. So I made a shoe:

A little birdy told me you'd have holograms. So I made a shoe:
Holograms..?
What?
So I made a shoe?
What?

I was the 1 Taiwanese guy, I am American but I am living in taiwan

Also The reason I would stand in 1 spot all the time as if I was afk is because I tend to be really busy. You shouldn't be ridiculing me for having a tight schedule and not being active on the server. The reason I stayed at the slots was because I liked the eventing behind it and thought it was really fun. I can agree that I took it out of hand and went crazy with it but you can't hate on me for having fun with a slot machine.
and i don't hate you for any of that either, i should say. also, i apologize for making such a critical statement out of the blue, it isn't really my place to be judging like that.

from the point of view of a guy who regularly spent time on the server when you were in charge, that big set of paragraphs were simply my single, individual observations. i'm typing almost a year after any of that even happened, so there's a pretty big fat chance i'm speaking from the worst parts of my memory and i might be accidentally making some stuff up.

You wanted a card game? Here ya go:
loving it, can't wait to see that working in public.

We would like to see some real quality stuff come out of the community this year. We know you've all got it in you c:
this is going to be a weak promise (i'm bad at finishing things), but i still have a project i started on about a month into arcade #6, which was promptly stopped and worked on on and off until about two days ago when i picked it back up for consideration. it's a mild rip-off of your blimp game, but very different in look. i'm trying pretty hard to revive it but VCE isn't very fun to tinker with and i keep having to back-up because i'm so worried about loosing all the stuff.

question: if we're going to make an arcade game outside of the server to be loaded in, do we have to worry about what brick names/VCE variable name we use? i realized just recently that the names i'm using for events could very easily be a name of someone else's.

question: if we're going to make an arcade game outside of the server to be loaded in, do we have to worry about what brick names/VCE variable name we use? i realized just recently that the names i'm using for events could very easily be a name of someone else's.
All games you make are owned by you. Even when they're inside the arcade building. This saves us having the trawl through 100s of randomly named bricks. Just a tip to make things easier for your self, when naming bricks for a project name then in this format:

[ProjectShortName]_[Part]_[Function]
For example:
BtlBlmp_Comp_GameStart

That way everything to do with that game is all grouped together in the NamedBrick list and is much easier to find what you want!
Regarding loading in pre-made games, we will discuss with those people when it comes closer to the time.