Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 442465 times)

my favorite

looks loving amazing

Plastiware, that game looks so polished and interesting, every time you show something i feel jealous that i am not making something like that right now.
I couldn't even because my art skills are that of a.... i don't even know.
I couldn't even draw a top down enemy for a tower defense like game some time ago for a project during my studies.
I think this:

Is the best thing i have created for a game i have ever made. :X

Also, that sprite is of a game i think i had to rush because i had all sorts of school stuff going on at the same time and i eventually ended up going through a 24 hour programming and designing period...
To eventually deliver this a day later because i was exhausted and it wasn't done.
Good thing was that it was all in all sufficient to pass that class, but i never made the full year in the studies i did, but that is something completely different.

Either way, that's some cool stuff and while i recently feel like i can't do it at all, it still goes around in the back of my mind.
Ideas, stories that i want to work out and entertain people with.
One day.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:27:59 PM by lordician »

so i've been an idiot whenever ive made things in the part and gone for pretty>practical, now that im educated i'm just making some basic systems to see if it could work well and hopefully bug free

this is just the basic movement and it's working really well right now i'd say, just need to figure out layermasks so the player isnt always immune to raycasts
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:04:57 PM by Element »

It's the old ROBLOX movement!

Baby, it's cold outside.

i don't like the color shading on the foreground snow.

i think it would look better with color shading versus black and white shading.

i don't like the color shading on the foreground snow.

i think it would look better with color shading versus black and white shading.

It's colored, just subtly.  It's the same bluish gray color gradient I already used for metallic background bits, certain rocks, castle/ruins stones, barn roofs, etc.  I thought it would work for snow, too.

It's colored, just subtly.  It's the same bluish gray color gradient I already used for metallic background bits, certain rocks, castle/ruins stones, barn roofs, etc.  I thought it would work for snow, too.
I think it looks fine, especially with the color you have below it.

resized from 1280x740

Hey look, a functioning game!
I still need to improve the art a ton and really just polish it up.

i found one of my really old gamemaker projects, this one's from 2013
it's hard as forget, the jumping is slow and you can hover by moving in mid-air.

<- the burgers can get stuck in his mouth because of the stuff collision

it's really dumb

also have some enemies that took 2 seconds to make
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:27:13 PM by Nix the Glaceon »

I made a generic desktop background based off one of the game's backgrounds.
It looks really nice imo.

is there an easy way to learn GML? it looks complicated as forget...

just start making something and search what you need in the manual when you get stuck