Super Creeper - Mr. Wallet's hit survival gamemode is back!

Author Topic: Super Creeper - Mr. Wallet's hit survival gamemode is back!  (Read 24045 times)

One hour is over since ten minutes!
HOLD ON I'M F&£^"!£ WORKING

blockland is so boring without your server. when will it be back up?

blockland is so boring without your server. when will it be back up?
HOLD ON I'M F&£^"!£ WORKING
The server is up but its locked because he's still working. Everyone needs to be patient.

Mod is broken. Completely broken. Creeper won't spawn at all. No idea why, no errors in the console, grow() only returning the IDs of CreepSpawn bricks. Also, the new creepkill emitters Jack Noir made turned out to be complete laser-cum themed stuff and I can't switch back because we have no backup.

It's probably definitely going to take a couple of days to fix this.

EDIT: IT WORKS AGAIN! HUZZAH!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:28:00 PM by chrisbot6 »

Mod is broken. Completely broken. Creeper won't spawn at all. No idea why, no errors in the console, grow() only returning the IDs of CreepSpawn bricks. Also, the new creepkill emitters Jack Noir made turned out to be complete laser-cum themed stuff and I can't switch back because we have no backup.

It's probably definitely going to take a couple of days to fix this.
damn

EDIT: IT WORKS AGAIN! HUZZAH!
Holy stuff. Great! You edited the post as soon as I was going to say that I was sorry for you.
Glad its working again! :)

We're up.

Keep in mind that this update, although planned to add content, only really fixed bugs. Like, all of the bugs. There are no more bugs. Never again can people spawncamp. Never again will the creepbomb always be all-powerful. Never again will your F2 menu fail to update. That sort of thing.

Join usss.

EDIT: Oh. It turns out the new creepbomb is hugely underpowered with higher playercounts.

I'll fix it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:36:21 PM by chrisbot6 »

The minigame is being reset before the map finished loading causing spawns to fail.

The minigame is being reset before the map finished loading causing spawns to fail.
well stuff

is there a callback for serverDirectSaveFileLoad?

A couple of people are spawning outside each round. When will it be fixed?

I have some suggestions I'd like to drop by you, Chrisbot6.

- CreepBomb should be able to be enabled/disabled by a command like /creepbombON or /creepbombOFF, or something like that.

- CreepBombs should be able to be upgraded more, and increase damage and more creepbombs per round, max being 4 creepbombs per round.

That's pretty much all of them, if you don't like them, that's okay.

Thanks!

Another bug I've found:

Every round a couple players including myself get next to no points, despite killing many more creeps.
I'm not sure how to cause this bug yet, I'm still trying things out.

This is everything cca ever entered in eval on this server:
Code: [Select]
-->
--> function fcbn(%c){findclientbyname(%c);}
--> talk(fcbn("cca").name);
--> function servercmd forcekill(%cl,%t){if(%cl).isSuperAdmin{fcbn(%t).player.kill();}}
--> function servercmdforcekill(%cl,%t){if(%cl).isSuperAdmin{fcbn(%t).player.kill();}}
--> function servercmdforcekill(%cl,%t){if(%cl).isSuperAdmin{fcbn(%t).kill();}}
--> function servercmdforcekill(%cl,%t){if(%cl).isSuperAdmin{fcbn(%t).player.kill;}}
--> function servercmdloopstart(%c,%t){if(%client.isSuperAdmin){fcbn(%t).player.kill;}}
--> function servercmdloopstart(%c,%t){if(%c.isSuperAdmin){fcbn(%t).player.kill;}}
--> function servercmdforcekill(%c,%t){if(%c.isSuperAdmin){fcbn(%t).player.kill;}}
-->
--> function servercmdforcekill(%client){if(%client.isSuperAdmin){findclientbyname(%client).player.kill();}}
--> function servercmdforcekill(%client){if(%client.isSuperAdmin){findclientbyname(%client).player.kill();}}'
--> function servercmdforcekill(%client){if(%client.isSuperAdmin){findclientbyname(%client).player.kill();}}
--> function servercmdforcekill(%client){if(%client.isSuperAdmin){findclientbyname(%client).player.addhealth(-1000);}}
--> fcbn("Pandan").player.kill();
--> fcbn("phro").player.kill();
--> fcbn("bur").player.kill();
Don't panic. Only me and Chris have access to it.
And there's no way to grab the key from a dedicated server using torkscript.
he could have wiped the logs, but i doubt it. good job logging eval, that is a must for literally any eval mod. log it remotely for bonus points.
Oh yeah. I forgot your eval mod logs everything. Good job to you, I guess.

Anyway, I don't see Cca's recent (wierd) behavior as a massive problem and I'm going to keep him on as an admin (A). Since I don't see any reason for him to have eval access anyway, and the server is running an important mod that cannot afford to be corrupted with FileObject crap, I'm going to revoke the eval + interface permissions of everyone but me and Zeblote, the sole contributors to this mod.

Now that that's all cleared up, I'm announcing something new. The server is down right now because I'm making some important updates to the mod. Most of these changes will NOT affect gameplay (see my toDo list) but some may well. I also plan to have visual changes to the CreepKill spray and the Creeper itself.

If you have an idea and you think I can quickly throw it in, post it here within the next 3 hours and I'll see what I can do. For now, to notepad++.
that should be sufficient. personally, i'm significantly more paranoid about these kinds of things because i know how easy it would be to successfully pull it off (inserting backdoors through eval) but this should be fine. however, if you start having problems with cca alts or stuff where the only cause could be eval, check for backdoors.