Poll

Weekly 2: What should the next update be?

More Weapons!
140 (59.1%)
More Depth! *
97 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: The Medieval Mod  (Read 37243 times)

Overview

Alright, methinks Ephi originally had the idea for this:

The Medieval Mod is really a huge pack of epic mods (Or possibly a Mass Mod, like the original RTB),  including, but not limited to:

• New Vehicles like Cannons and Siege Engines
  • New Items like Halberds, Blunderbusses, Magicks, and Potions
  • Combinable Items
  • A Functioning RPG Mod
  • New Vehicles like Cannons and Siege Engines

So, I believe a few guys already are on board; If you want to join in, just post here.

People on board

• (Coordinater) Bushido
  • TheLegoMaster
  • SolarFlare *
  • Dilt
  • Space Guy
  • Terror
  • Aloshi
  • Rkynick **
  • (In-Training) LegoEggo
  • (In-Training) Chaseyqurt
The * means nothing in particular.

Screenshots

The Blunderbuss, a ranged weapon affected by gravity. Does low damage, but impulses the victim a fair bit away.

The Mace, a blunt melee weapon. Being blunt, when it hits someone, it does little damage, but stuns the victim until the effect fades.

Errors and Problems

There seems to be a problem with the Blunderbuss. When used in-game random parts of it disappear. So someone should try to help out, if you can. http://www.mediafire.com/?cl0v2vje3v1
Fixed by Solarflare on Friday, November 9th, '07. Yay!
Jobs

Tasklist

Primary Tasks:

Finish the current items and weapons we have have models for. Those weapons are:

• Small Bottle
  • Large Bottle
  • Small Dynamite
  • Bag of Ammo

Create a basic Ammo System, custom for the Medieval Mod's weapons.

Create scripts for and models for Armors, hopefully coded to work somewhere along these lines:
  • Armor takes damage until it's HP hits zero, and the armor falls off.
  • Individual pieces for Legs, Torso and Head.
  • Armor subtracts from max running speed.
  • Different types of armor have more HP.
  • 5 different armor classes: White Block, Green Block, Blue Block, Red Block, Black Block, all colored respectively
  • 3 different armor types, Light, Moderate, and Heavy. Or, their real life counterparts, Leather, Chain, Plate, each with their own models.

Create a Weapon Durability system that works along these lines:
  • When you use a weapon and it hits something, it takes damage
  • When a weapon's durability hits 0, the weapon breaks apart, into material
[/s] Done by Rkynick! Yay!

We need a builder to create a test town for our mod's pre-pre-pre alpha stage. I'm getting started on one now, but if someone gets done before me, I'll accept it.

Be sure it has the following buildings:
  • Underground Mine Shaft
  • Training Hall
  • Hospital
  • Weapons Shop
  • Tool Shop
  • Armor Shop
  • General Store

Secondary Tasks:

Ready the Particles for the Dynamite's explosion, a Liquid Splash effect (For when you drink from a vial) Done by Rkynick! Yay!

Get some sounds for all of the current mods.

Begin on the Material system, which should work somewhere along these lines:
  • You have to have a specific amount of material to make a brick. More specifically, 1 Material for each 1x1 unit.
  • Material is stackable in the inventory, and has to be carried around.
  • Material has to be used in order to spawn weapons.

Begin working on AI for "scared" monsters, "defensive" monsters, and "aggressive" monsters, preferably along these lines:
  • Aggressives attack players and "scared" monsters in their spawn area at random.
  • "Scared" monsters walk around their spawn area, and will run away when a player or an aggressive monster gets close enough, or it gets hit.
  • "Defensive" monsters will walk up to players at random, and may follow the player around, but won't attack unless it's provoked. Otherwise, it wanders around it's spawn area.

Yes, I know, I'm asking for alot, and it'll probably lag a good amount, but this seems like a great idea, and I'm hoping I don't accidentally make it fall thru. Again.

Feel free to add-on to the mod with other things though.

Revealed Mod Mechanics

Item Craft

Item Craft is accomplished by taking a TON of items, and putting 'em all together until you hit a final finished product.

For instance, let's say we're making a White Blocktard Sword, the weakest possible shield-less sword..
(Bas**** Sword)

We'll need a fair amount of ore: For instance, for a White Blocktard Sword, we'll need 5 White Blokium, than combine the Blokium until we get a lump of 5 Ores; Than, we make it into a bar with a Flaming PortaForge (Whichis made by combining wood with a PortaForge), than combining the bar with a mould, than combining the unfinished sword with a hammer, ending the process, and leaving you with a fairly powerful Blocktard Sword. And this was just a basic idea: There's a ton of potential recipes to be found in Recipe Books and from random tinkering.

That process again, for TL;DR guys:

White Blokium Ore x 5 = White Lump (5)
Wood + PortaForge = Firey Forge (1)
PortaForge + White Lump (5) = White Bar (5)
White Bar (5) + Sword Mould = Unfinished White B. Sword
Unfinished White B. Sword + Hammer = White B. Sword

Plus, the Firey PortaForge works as a flamethrower! Giving the basic smithy working to scrounge up a living having a defense is something I haven't seen in ANY RPG, ever. EVER.

If you have feedback on the item system, tell me, and I'll make modifications as I / you see fit.

(Based off the script Solarflare/Solarize made for the Medieval Mod.)

Last updated on Monday, November 19th, '07.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:49:44 AM by Bushido »

I've modelled medieval weapons before, and I've scripted RPGs twice. I'll join.

I'm in. I told you I'm in. Don't doubt that I'm in. When I say I'm in, Bob Dole demands I'm in. See this Bruce Wayne avatar? He says I'm in too. Don't doubt Bruce Wayne. Espically the old one.

<3

Updated with what needs to be done and Dilt and Solarflare added to the list.

I'll join, once I get the hang of scripting. I kind of get it, but I need lots of practice. So you could add me to the list.

I could help with particles and/or codings.

Everyone who requested to join, you're in.

IN OTHER NEWS..

I see alot of applying, but is anyone actually DOING anything?

I'll help. I can script fairly well.

Everyone who requested to join, you're in.

IN OTHER NEWS..

I see alot of applying, but is anyone actually DOING anything?

Uhm well you havent really specified on what we need to do...

..You didn't read the main post, did you. I update it, ALOT.

Guns? That's not very Medieval. Its like a Japanese show where they completely change history, HIGH POWERED STEAM WEAPONS THAT ARE MORE POWER THEN TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY.

But should be very interesting on the out come of this Mod.  :cookieMonster:

Really it's based on the late, late middle ages. With the weak muskets, ETC.

More specific Ideas for siege engines:
Ballista
Catapults
Trebuchet

Other:
Locks on doors
Glyphs

Magic:
Summoning (e.x Demons , angels , devils)
Alchemy Labs (For making potions , maybe enchantments and such  :cookieMonster:)

I can make more if you want, prolly unneccesary though.