Just bought Blockland, but wtf

Author Topic: Just bought Blockland, but wtf  (Read 28751 times)

Ouch.
Do you think that's a perma? I don't know how many bans anti has had before now

Badspot

• Administrator
I dont think we get attacked because he makes enemies - I think we get attacked so frequently because he rewards them attention.

I have been extremely reserved.  There was literally a ddos attack every single day for 2 months, the community largely didn't notice until the attack became severe enough to disable the website continuously.  At that point my choice is to "reward them attention" or not have a website.  The forum certainly flips out easily and is easy to milk for laughs, mainly because there's a lot of kids - but that's hardly my fault.  

yeah, but it's not personal like on BL. people DDoS LoL because they're literally trolling, whilst other people DDoS and forget with BL because they were banned and made fun of, and now they are vindictive.

Okiver ddos'd the forum a couple times because I wouldn't let him buy keys with stolen credit card info and post trojans on the forum.  Should I have not banned him because it would make him angry?  Pack up your victim blaming bullstuff and take it to a 9/11 truther forum.  

User was banned for this post
well at least we know not to disagree with Badspot anymore.

Anti-block has a valid point about Badspot's retaliatory bans and comments fueling DDoS attacks.  I'm sure it just makes those kiddies even angrier.  However, Badspot's actions are most definately not the sole contributor to their motivations.  And in all fairness, what's he supposed to do, let them do what they want? 

Sometimes examples do have to be made, but how far you go with that can make you guilty as well.  Just as an extreme example to clarify my point, if someone in the middle east steals a potato, and you cut off their hand for it, who is really the worse guy?  IMO, Badspot's reaction was nowhere near that, but was nonetheless unprofessional.  That said, if he feels it's worth it, or simply doesn't care, well it's his public reputation to do with as he pleases.

with badspot we get losers removed from here and a few good laughs. sounds good to me

games with level headed leaders don't get ddos'd

just saying, you don't make enemies by silently banning them for mistakes, you make them for long ranting posts and insults, and putting them on a platform to be laughed at which Badspot has done on multiple occasions.

holy stuff

just saying, you don't make enemies by silently banning them for mistakes, you make them for long ranting posts and insults, and putting them on a platform to be laughed at which Badspot has done on multiple occasions.

NO

*Starts playing taps*

Anti-block has a valid point about Badspot's retaliatory bans and comments fueling DDoS attacks.  I'm sure it just makes those kiddies even angrier.  However, Badspot's actions are most definately not the sole contributor to their motivations.  And in all fairness, what's he supposed to do, let them do what they want? 

Sometimes examples do have to be made, but how far you go with that can make you guilty as well.  Just as an extreme example to clarify my point, if someone in the middle east steals a potato, and you cut off their hand for it, who is really the worse guy?  IMO, Badspot's reaction was nowhere near that, but was nonetheless unprofessional.  That said, if he feels it's worth it, or simply doesn't care, well it's his public reputation to do with as he pleases.

what exactly are you accusing badspot of being guilty of?
to answer your question, as far as he wants, as he will never be "guilty" of causing the problems.

:(

Anti shall live on as the nipples of that one drawing of mine. RIPIP

Anti, no.

Where will the "camel" be now.