Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)

Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 165228 times)

install sandboxie and run SE via sb. that lag is gone after you do that. That's a third party solution, use it at your own risk

How does it help, exactly?

it definitely will be able to run pretty much anything you throw at it
just be sure that your power supply unit will be able to support it

How do I find out how much power it needs? I don't think G.P.U. Boss or Newegg say, 'cause I didn't see any wattage numbers anywhere like there are on the side of my power supply.

stops memory leaks
I thought they fixed those. I haven't noticed any recently

How do I find out how much power it needs? I don't think G.P.U. Boss or Newegg say, 'cause I didn't see any wattage numbers anywhere like there are on the side of my power supply.

I'd appreciate a response for this soon. I really wanna play Space Engineers above eight frames per second. :s

Christ, the game I have going on is so fantastically wonderful. I spawned in the rescue ship, tore it apart once I found the suitable location, and I settled inside a large ore filled asteroid. I have a tiny minimalistic ship that I can use to retrieve the cargo ships so that I can grind them up, with another small ship, then send the materials through a conveyor into the asteroid base.

Also I'm working on a gatling defense grid to stop the asteroid's surface from getting too colourful. Just found a large deposit of magnesium in another asteroid which is supplying the grid for with bullets for days.

All I need now is to build gravity generating stations where I need them, and a space station or some stuff just for fun.

I'd appreciate a response for this soon. I really wanna play Space Engineers above eight frames per second. :s

I want a response on this soon! I've looked up all kinds of stuff about the power supply needed for a GTX 760, and I either find info for cards with close names like the GTX 770, or I find info on the GTX 760, but it's not about the necessary level of wattage or whatever.

I want a response on this soon! I've looked up all kinds of stuff about the power supply needed for a GTX 760, and I either find info for cards with close names like the GTX 770, or I find info on the GTX 760, but it's not about the necessary level of wattage or whatever.
Try the PC Megathread in Off Topic.

Try the PC Megathread in Off Topic.

Alright. :s Sorry, just really frustrated with all of this, I wish I could just go out and get a new graphics processing unit without having to worry about how much power or thermal design points or whatever it needs.

New stuff. Someone else can post the changelog here, but in essence now we have tool binds for pistons, rotors, and thrusters. Guess ill start on that robot I've been meaning to build

New stuff. Someone else can post the changelog here, but in essence now we have tool binds for pistons, rotors, and thrusters. Guess ill start on that robot I've been meaning to build

it's time for a nice tank woo woo

"Players can now have proper control of their ships while sitting in the roosterpit by adding (drag-and-drop) blocks to the toolbar. Activating such block can turn the blocks on/off, reverse rotation of rotors, increase/decrease velocity and many other actions already present in the control panel. No more constant control panel visits, players can now revert one of their many rotors by pressing a single button, lock/unlock single landing gear, turn any block on/off, etc. It's also possible to drag a group of the same blocks to the toolbar. We have also enabled the option to shoot from weapons which are attached on rotors and pistons; players can now build retractable weapons!"

Features
- control blocks through toolbar
- fire weapons which are attached with rotors and pistons
- multiple toolbars (switching by dot and comma)
- re-enabled the save confirmation on leave for autosave worlds

Fixes
- reduced network bandwidth for all moving objects
- reduced idle network bandwidth (when player sits in ship and doing nothing)
- fixed VSync crash
- fixed few spelling errors
- fixed too fragile piston
- fixed piston copy/paste glitch
- fixed issue when piston was pasted without top part
- fixed issue with piston physics
- fixed pistons functioning without power
- fixed issue when piston was not working on converted platform
- fixed crash while adding cargo container under the piston
- fixed issue when piston’s top part gets separated when platform is merged with ship
- fixed crash when retracting a chain of pistons at once
- fixed spamming reverse breaking pistons
- fixed issue when pressing "No" on exit the world was saved anyway
- fixed overriding thruster force causes all thrusters facing the same way to fire
- fixed custom color was not saved after exiting the world
- fixed cost of recharging battery is called "Sprint"
- fixed 1x1 wheels popping out after merge
- fixed explosives not doing damage after explosion on dedicated server
- fixed rotors floating in the air after client merges two grids
- fixed turret rectangle is visible when weapons are not enabled in world
- fixed issue when control panel items were clickable even when they were invisible
- fixed delete block sound volume was too loud when deleting many blocks with symmetry
- fixed full batteries still using energy
- fixed crash when ":" was written into search-box
- fixed turrets target stuff on when moving

http://forums.keenswh.com/post?id=7018986

Be still my raging boner.

okay wow they really butchered the optimization in this game

when i bought this game i could run it on max graphics with no problems at all and now i can't even run at 30 fps with 4 asteroids and minimum graphics

looking at the center of an asteroid reduces me to about 10-15 FPS and prevents me from even moving properly

i don't know how they've actually managed to make the game *worse* but they did

edit: looks like a CPU issue (and also like this game is singlethreaded why would they ever do that)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:52:18 PM by Kearn »

its alpha

you should expect problems